Mass Confusion/ Rant

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Is the verizon version just different because it will have CDMA/LTE and the exclusivity first? Or along with that does it have different specs? Because I'm just think it's like how sprint did the nexus s just had there 4G radio added but the same device? Is this the same situation? Now the rant part (this rant is on hypothetical). So if the nexus comes in two versions one for verizon with lower end specs then the world version. Then I will most likely get the vigor or I might switch to the dark side. I've also been hearing that it wont be metal. Those were one of the features that got me excited. I really really really hope gsmarena's specs are the real ones and the verizon verizon just adds CDMA/LTE to that spec list. If BGR's specs are true I will either be getting the vigor or dark side. I know it hasn't been announced yet but I'm so anxious and plus it would help me time wise because I could jump to the ip4s now if I dont want the prime. So can someone please shed some light on this situation. I now have a epic 4g and it's something about samsung phones that draw me in because before that I had a moment and a instinct. Lol.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
There are two versions of the phone. Most likely one for Vodafone and one for Verizon. We don't know for certain what the official specs will be, but I doubt the two phones are that different.

When the announcement is finally made I doubt there will be much information on the other versions that will eventually be released on the other US carriers.

slimjamm

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Too many people worrying. It will be a GREAT phone regardless of final specs! And please stop threatening to go with another phone if the Nexus isn't, metal, shiny, polka dotted etc... It doesn't effect any of us what phone you choose.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Too many people worrying. It will be a GREAT phone regardless of final specs! And please stop threatening to go with another phone if the Nexus isn't, metal, shiny, polka dotted etc... It doesn't effect any of us what phone you choose.
I'm not threatening to buy another phone those are just my expectation and I'm just telling that is what forums are for so if it bothers you then leave.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not threatening to buy another phone those are just my expectation and I'm just telling that is what forums are for so if it bothers you then leave.

Well just like you HE is entitled to his opinion also. So if you don't like it you can leave as well. Back on topic the phone will be great, it's going to be a damn Nexus on Verizon WTF more can you really ask for? The people complaining about the 1.2 ghz proc. Do you really really think that .3 ghz difference is going to make it ZOMG OH SOOOOO MUCH MORE FAZT!!!!!!!!......... .no. I would rather have a developer phone with a 1.2 ghz processor then something like a Motorola phone (great hardware but ty ty software) with that awful Blur and locked bootloader........ Just my $.02

vzw33

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The inferior specs aren't the main concern, it's the two different sets of specs. I see the point of two different versions because of LTE, but everything else should be the same. If this was the case, I think there would be less ranting.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
My brain explodes every time I consider the possibility of Samsung releasing a device that isn't made out of plastic. I'm guessing the Nexus hardware will be similar to the grey Verizon tab 10.1 with the faux metal paint job.

The rumor of metal hardware got me excited, but I think that's expecting too much.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Dude seriously, chill out. No one knows. That other phone with the 1.5ghz chip might be the new SGS3 for all we know. (matches the rumored specs right?) There are plenty of awesome Android options if for some reason you don't like the next Nexus. Freaking out about one detail like the metal chassis would imply that something that superficial is more important to you that having the latest build of Android. But I doubt that's really the case =)

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Whoa dude. i dont know where your from, but Polka dots are kind of a big deal.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My brain explodes every time I consider the possibility of Samsung releasing a device that isn't made out of plastic. I'm guessing the Nexus hardware will be similar to the grey Verizon tab 10.1 with the faux metal paint job.

The rumor of metal hardware got me excited, but I think that's expecting too much.

Pretty much what we've been hearing. The bright side of that is it looks much nicer than glossy black, which can be a finger magnet.

Sent from my ADR6400L

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I like how people would be okay with passing up easily the best phone of the year because of what the battery door is made of.. you people have more conviction than I do.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I've about hit my limit with trying to track the rumors/decipher spec differences/predict what the device(s) may have. I've resigned myself to the idea that we know roughly what it will be (1.2-1.5 ghz) and it's going to be, in my opinion, the phone of the year. The speculation was driving me nuts, so I've decided just to kick back and wait it out. Whatever chip they put it in, I'm getting it. Whether the camera is 5 or 8 mp, I'm getting it. If the battery door is plastic or metal, I'm getting it. I'll still check the rumors for the next 3 to 4 more weeks, but I've decided with how many conflicting reports have come out, there's no point in trying to make sense of them.

Reactions: oxymoron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk