Mate 10 Pro, always on display?

NeilMex

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know if the mate 10 comes with an always on display or ambient mode? I had a look online but couldn't find anything so I'm thinking no. When I went from the 6p to the mate 9 I really missed this feature and I'm trying to decide between the pixel 2xl and the mate 10.

Thanks.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I was having rouble finding answers on this as well. It certainly has the screen for it. Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The Mate 9 Pro did so I'm HOPING the Mate 10 Pro also does. If it does it will be a done deal for me. That's the biggest thing stopping me completely committing to it right now. If it has double tap to wake as well then I'll be front of the queue on release day

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Double tap to wake up is huge to me. let me know if they finaly implement this to their phones.
I don't ever need to use such a feature on my note 8. Just long press on the aod to unlock the phone. Hopefully huawei can implement this

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Mate 10 Pro review Sample from Huawei (got it from the launch event).

First things first. This thing has a Always on Display mode in settings to activate (it isn't on by default). The bad news is that there isn't really any settings for it.

Also it won't show any third party notifications on it. Only Huaweis few own apps.

And no, there is no double tap to wake

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

First things first. This thing has a Always on Display mode in settings to activate (it isn't on by default). The bad news is that there isn't really any settings for it.

Also it won't show any third party notifications on it. Only Huaweis few own apps.

Limited aod and no double tap...sigh

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Never had the Mate 9 to test their aod. But I used a 3rd party and on my Honor 8 and the battery drain is noticeable on it. Can't remember how much it drains tho
Third party aod is completely different and not optimized for the phone. On my note 8, the drain is pretty small, but aod was built in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow that sucks. That's like what Samsung did 2-3 years ago.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow that sucks. That's like what Samsung did 2-3 years ago.
Yep. But this doesn't have final firmware. Although this has had four software updates already and no change. So I would guess that there won't be change atleast in the first official version

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep. But this doesn't have final firmware. Although this has had four software updates already and no change. So I would guess that there won't be change atleast in the first official version
Hopefully it can be added later via software update. I guess Huawei is experiencing whatever problem Samsung was having when they first launched aod. Glad to hear that they are actively working to update the software though. That's a good sign

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe