Mate 10 Pro, always on display?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can please someone confirm that clock is not being updated on the Always On (Always Display Information) screen?
It ONLY updates time for a minute or two, then it stops. Touch proximity sensor and it will update again, but for a minute or two ONLY.
Please someone confirm this!
Oh wow that's not good

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Can please someone confirm that clock is not being updated on the Always On (Always Display Information) screen?
It ONLY updates time for a minute or two, then it stops. Touch proximity sensor and it will update again, but for a minute or two ONLY.
Please someone confirm this!
Can anyone chip in ? Never heard anything like this from anyone else

vangelis1890

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Update: Tech at Huawei was not able to reproduce error. Factory reset and Hard Factory reset did not help. While phone is connected on the electrical charging and battery is less then 100% clock is being updated every minute on Always On display, however when battery reaches 100% clock stops updating. Decision is made to send phone to repair service.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Update: Tech at Huawei was not able to reproduce error. Factory reset and Hard Factory reset did not help. While phone is connected on the electrical charging and battery is less then 100% clock is being updated every minute on Always On display, however when battery reaches 100% clock stops updating. Decision is made to send phone to repair service.
I'm sorry to hear that. The repair will be free, correct ?

Palexr

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi, just wondering if there is a way to get third party apps to display notifications in the native AOD? I have tried the various apps in the Play Store and don't want to use them.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Keep us posted as to how the repair goes

Alex Smith 44

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody know if the mate 10 comes with an always on display or ambient mode? I had a look online but couldn't find anything so I'm thinking no. When I went from the 6p to the mate 9 I really missed this feature and I'm trying to decide between the pixel 2xl and the mate 10.

Thanks.

The Mate 10 Pro has an Always On Display feature. However, the regular Mate 10 does not have that option. No Ambiet Display to date for the Mate 10 Pro. Rather, there is a Galaxy S7 type wake screen notification.
Also the AOD shows a counter for missed text messages etc

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Mate 10 Pro has an Always On Display feature. However, the regular Mate 10 does not have that option. No Ambiet Display to date for the Mate 10 Pro. Rather, there is a Galaxy S7 type wake screen notification.
Also the AOD shows a counter for missed text messages etc
Does it work for third party apps?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if they will improve it I.e. add other notifications such as WhatsApp.

Does anybody know if the AOD on the p20 pro is any better?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Seems the p20 is no better, will admit the aod is starting to really annoy me. It's just pointless as it is right now (imo)