Mate 10 Pro, always on display?

kboy10

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. Did it use a lot of batteries?

I currently have a G6 , been using it as my primary phone and AOD is always on on full brightness, serves as an alarm clock, was hoping Mate 10 would have this as it may be a deal breaker I know it sounds dumb...

kboy10

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I currently have a G6 , been using it as my primary phone and AOD is always on on full brightness, serves as an alarm clock, was hoping Mate 10 would have this as it may be a deal breaker I know it sounds dumb...

Sorry and it never really hampered the battery life still would get a full day of average use.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Nokia and Microsoft Lumia's had AOD/Glance screen on both AMOLED and LCD and it never affected battery life on either. I think it was much brighter on AMOLED than on LCD though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nokia and Microsoft Lumia's had AOD/Glance screen on both AMOLED and LCD and it never affected battery life on either. I think it was much brighter on AMOLED than on LCD though.
That's good to hear. Manufacturer implemented aod should be fine.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I think the blacker the blacks on the amoled screen made the aod stand out more.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
I think the blacker the blacks on the amoled screen made the aod stand out more.

Probably. Another feature that Glance had was that you could set it to "peek" and it would only come on when you pull it out of a pocket or purse, or when you wave your hand over it (I guess some Moto's have a feature like this now?). Nokia was doing this even in the days of Symbian OS. I think the new Android Nokias RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THIS, TOO.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Ah I don't think I turned that feature on in my phone. I like my aod on all the time. Does that feature works every time you pull it out of your pocket ?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably. Another feature that Glance had was that you could set it to "peek" and it would only come on when you pull it out of a pocket or purse, or when you wave your hand over it (I guess some Moto's have a feature like this now?). Nokia was doing this even in the days of Symbian OS. I think the new Android Nokias RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THIS, TOO.
Motos had that for years. Probably because they were using LCD

vangelis1890

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Can please someone confirm that clock is not being updated on the Always On (Always Display Information) screen?
It ONLY updates time for a minute or two, then it stops. Touch proximity sensor and it will update again, but for a minute or two ONLY.
Please someone confirm this!