[MEGATHREAD] Auto installation of wqbd app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

wqpd version 3 gets installed automatically on my mobile. My mobile starts malfunctioning. Uninstalled but it got installed again.
Reset mobile but same problem. Please help me to solve the problem.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
it is installed automatically when device is connected to internet.
It starts installing other gaming and other apps.
Starts spamming using WhatsApp. (My Mobile No is Banned by WhatsApp )

This makes me wonder if it's a Panasonic app similar to what Verizon use to have, where it is a system app designed to install bloatware after the phone is activated. In Verizon's case, you could disable that app to prevent it from installing bloat. Judging by the screenshot's showing in this thread, I don't think that'll be possible without some third party disabler and/or rooting. If you can't disable it, I would start bugging Panasonic customer service to remove the app on their end. One or two people won't be enough, though. Even if they do plan to remove it, they will have to release an OS update to do so, which means it'll take time to get that rolled out.

Otherwise, your only option may be to either live with it or buy a different brand phone.

nilesh ssexim

Dec 17, 2021
Visit site
This makes me wonder if it's a Panasonic app similar to what Verizon use to have, where it is a system app designed to install bloatware after the phone is activated. In Verizon's case, you could disable that app to prevent it from installing bloat. Judging by the screenshot's showing in this thread, I don't think that'll be possible without some third party disabler and/or rooting. If you can't disable it, I would start bugging Panasonic customer service to remove the app on their end. One or two people won't be enough, though. Even if they do plan to remove it, they will have to release an OS update to do so, which means it'll take time to get that rolled out.

Otherwise, your only option may be to either live with it or buy a different brand phone.

It Really wonder that I have Revoked All Permission, Done Force Stop and Disable,
Still Application get Activated on next cycle

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps some other app, the true culprit, is installing or activating the wbqd app. Are there any suspects?

Either that, or something preinstalled by a carrier rather than Panasonic, or perhaps something regional?

Edit. I see that I have misquoted the app's name. Since, judging by the degree of feedback to this thread, I doubt that anyone in the universe will notice, I'll leave it just as it is.

Last edited:
A

Android Central Question

Wqbd application problem

Iam using panasonic p55 max. Wqbd is installed automatically when device is connected to internet.
It starts installing other gaming and other apps.
Starts spamming using WhatsApp. (My Mobile No is Banned by WhatsApp. So please give some solution

A

Android Central Question

what is wqbd ?????

in my panasonic eluga a4 this app name wqbd get auto istalled , after uninstalling it it again auto installed please solve this problem

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It amazes me that we're getting all these new threads on this. I opened an incognito tab and searched "wqbd Android" and this thread was result #1.

I agree that it seems to be a carrier or Panasonic thing, would be nice if we could get feedback on that...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It amazes me that we're getting all these new threads on this. I opened an incognito tab and searched "wqbd Android" and this thread was result #1.

I agree that it seems to be a carrier or Panasonic thing, would be nice if we could get feedback on that...

Google keeps thinking I'm searching for "wand Android" instead of "wqbd Android.":-\

Maverick 2

Dec 19, 2021
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Panasonic P101 for last 10 to 14 days. This app wqbd version 3.0 is getting auto installed every time.
First I thought trojan/virus infection from Whatsapp as it is spamming using my Whatsapp. I have done
the following till now.

1. Reset to factory default.
2. Set it up as a new phone.
3. Did not restore Whatsapp backup as I thought virus/trojan was hidden in Whatsapp data.
4. Installed only few apps to pin point if some app is causing this issue.
5. Formatted SD card.
6. Disabled the app/Removed all permission/Cleared all data from the app without uninstalling.
7. Complete uninstallation of the app.

But it is not working and it still getting installed. Slowing down my phone and installing other apps. Panasonic support is of no help. Panasonic customer care is just redirection center to visit Offline Service Center.

Kindly help community members if you have any info regarding this. Its driving me crazy for last 10 days. I forgot the countless number I have done a factory reset of my phone.

Regards,
Mave

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@Maverick 2 unfortunately, the best info we have on this is from people such as yourself that have the devices. Panasonic is not a popular phone brand in the US where many of us are located, so we don't get hands-on with them as also evident from the lack of reviews on the AC website.

It's possible it's coming from the carrier. What carrier do you have? The equivalent I can give is the security plugin that we have a 'MEGATHREAD' about, at least one carrier here in the US is using this on devices that are financed through them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This sounds very frustrating, but oddly there is still nothing on the web about this apart from his thread. Everyone has mentioned that it spams people on WhatsApp -- can you give more details about that? What exactly is it spamming people with? Are they just ads, or do they seem like scam messages?

Maverick 2

Dec 19, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This sounds very frustrating, but oddly there is still nothing on the web about this apart from his thread. Everyone has mentioned that it spams people on WhatsApp -- can you give more details about that? What exactly is it spamming people with? Are they just ads, or do they seem like scam messages?

Thanks @B. Diddy for your information.

I got some more info which I thought would share in the forum if it helps.

I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security for Android mobile and scanned my phone with it.
It has detected a trojan with the name wqbd (screenshot attached). I have deleted using the trojan using it.
Till last 12 hours it did not come back. I will update after 24 hrs about the status. I can only hope and pray
it does not come back again.

Regards,
Mave

Screenshot.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info! Very concerning. Other phones have been found to have some variant of Triada malware included out of the box: https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/03/06/over-40-android-phone-models-ship-infected-with-trojan/. Since only Panasonic phone have been mentioned in this thread, I would guess that somehow this malware has made its way into their firmware, or into one of the system apps. If Panasonic won't respond, then I would seriously consider moving away from them and switching to a different manufacturer that is more trustworthy.

Takla Robin

Dec 21, 2021
Visit site
Hey there people I think that there is the problem with Panasonic devices only because my device is also Panasonic P91 and the same problem is with my phone also this virus app gets installed again and again after reset and uninstall. It automatically opens my Chrome browser and open any random web page or spams my WhatsApp to any random peoples which I didn't even save their numbers and from different countries it it spans the message of something adult promotional site and it contains some links due to it my WhatsApp also got banned. This have installed one app called BBQ browser I searched on internet its results were something ransomware type virus app, this BBQ browser app is not even listed in all apps list and I found it in battery optimised app section you guys also check if this app is there in your device in battery apps section. Please report it to Panasonic team and i think that this "so called" multinational company's security have been breached.

Nishantjain1002

Dec 21, 2021
Visit site
I have Panasonic P55 max
wqbd app and BBQ browser auto installed on it
Also I see 4-5 unwanted apps installed when I installed uninstaller app

Issues faced:
WhatsApp sending and deleting messages automatically
Phone unlocks automatically
Termux and Python compiler for Android not working
It feels lag while using the phone

Tried to reset and flash the device firmware again but all in vain , still facing the same issue

Uninstall WhatsApp to prevent from ban

sir_rajesh

Dec 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi All,

I have also Panasonic Elgua 530, and faced the same issue after factory reset, wqbd installing again and again. and what's up has been clone .

I have done one solution please try, I have reset the again phone in factory reset, and configured the phone with a new email id and, don't install or restore any data with previously configured mail. while restoring data again wqbd will be installed and it will also be installing a malicious applications on phone. problem with chrome and what'sup and Please change your WhatsUp mobile no sim . so far wqbd not installed, and I am observing the same .