[MEGATHREAD] Auto installation of wqbd app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

wqpd version 3 gets installed automatically on my mobile. My mobile starts malfunctioning. Uninstalled but it got installed again.
Reset mobile but same problem. Please help me to solve the problem.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
This is very frightening. It seems to be happening to multiple models of Panasonic phones and I think the breach may have introduced this Trojan into their phone firmwares. The pity is that Panasonic isn't even replying. Very frightening thread this is.

Maverick 2

Dec 19, 2021
Visit site
"wqbd" threat with Panasonic phone has not stopped. It is still getting installed. Neither Panasonic is responding. I would suggest affected people to storm Panasonic twitter handle and other social media accounts with this issue.

I would also request Senior members to know if we install a Custom ROM will this threat go away? If yes, what would be the best Custom ROM to install for Panasonic P101. Where can i find info regarding installation of Custom ROM.

Regards,
Mave

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I would also request Senior members to know if we install a Custom ROM will this threat go away? If yes, what would be the best Custom ROM to install for Panasonic P101. Where can i find info regarding installation of Custom ROM.

Regards,
Mave

Senior members of this forum? Most of us are from parts of the world where Panasonic is not a popular phone brand, if they sell at all. I'm not sure any of us has held one, much less tried to root one or install a custom ROM.

Your best resource for that would be XDA, but don't get your hopes up that there is a solution there.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I second XDA for a custom ROM source since they are more into that sort of thing than this site, but also agree not to get your hopes up. The developers there tend to only create ROM's for popular phones, or ones where a bounty has been paid. You can't just install any random ROM and expect it to work. Manufacturers take the base Android source code and modify it for their needs, then possibly modify it further based on carrier needs. That means any custom ROM you install MUST be tailored to your specific model phone to be fully functional.

You may be able to try rooting the phone, but that has a similar problem of requiring a developer to find an exploit to gain root access. If you gain that, you could have more freedom to block/delete the offending app, but that also carries the risk of bricking your phone. As a side note, avoid so called one-click rooting tools like Kingroot. Those apps technically work on a lot of phones, but they have been found to do data harvesting and installing malware into the phone as part of the process (which is why they are free). Because they do it with root access, removing that malware can be exceedingly difficult.

A

Android Central Question

Wqbd app auto install how to fix

Wqbd app auto install and background runing other app install and WhatsApp spam how to fix

A

Android Central Question

Wqbd app auto installation in panasonic eluga 7 ray

Dear Android Administration team,
Firstly I read all reply against subject matter and realised that we, as a customer of Android based smart phone are facing blame game between Android service support team and hardware manufacturer and no solution found till yet against the subject matter.
Hopefully you realised the needful action for you big customer zone and provide the solution on priority, whether it possible after communicating with hardware team or not.
Please do the needful or forward it to the administration

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Wqbd app auto installation in panasonic eluga 7 ray

We are a forum of Android enthusiasts who try to help people with their queries. We do not manufacture or provide support for any android or oem except through our experiences. Your best bet is to contact Google customer services or Panasonic directly.

P K1993

Dec 28, 2021
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem !
I have Panasonic Eluga A3 pro (it's been 4+ years now).
Everything was going superfine until last week of November !

At first my WhatsApp got banned ! Then I understood that unknown ppl were getting messages from my number (which I never sent them) about returning some loan. Then I was getting some group invitation message from international numbers (those messages were getting vanished within a second from screen). I thought someone might have hacked my WhatsApp so I went to cyber cell to file a complaint but they thought i might have clicked any unknown link etc. And asked me ignore this matter.

Also some unknown apps were getting installed without my knowledge ! Like BBQ browser, and app related to bitcoin !(I'm not into crypto currency... God knows this was happening ). So in the end to get rid of all this I formated my Android (factory reset). Then I created new Gmail account using new mobile number and registered WhatsApp with this new number. But again my WhatsApp got banned ! Bcz I was still getting messages from international numbers !
So I deleted that WhatsApp account also !
And again unknown apps started getting installed without my knowledge..I tried to uninstall them but they used to reappear after some time !
Apps like Color go go , BBQ browser, jumper , Snapchat (I'm not on Snapchat but my Google history showed that I tried to buy that app😶)Also this wqbd was getting installed again and again !
So I again tried to reset my phone !

And this time also...my phone was alright for one day but again this wqbd got installed !

Now I haven't registered to WhatsApp bcz I finally understood no matter how many times I would create new Gmail account from new sim card ...there is some problem in mobile system !

Someone has shared a link in thread related to wqbd problem...which says Panasonic has been facing data breaching !
I finally felt some relief that my efforts of net surfing since last one month finally landed me to this page !
Here I came to know that...I am not the only one facing all these issues...there are other folks also... having Panasonic mobile phone !
Till now everyone was blaming me that I must have clicked wrong link or shared OTP etc but now after reading that article about data breaching I finally understood it's not my fault but it's the mobile system which is responsible!!

Sorry for this long thread ! But I wanted to share all the problems for those who were asking for details about wqbd.

I tried to install malware bytes but it's of no use ...bcz Even if you uninstall the infected folder (in my case it was updater it's symbol was clouds in Blue Color) it reappears after some time !
Then I tried No root firewall ...it also can't protect ur phone totally... though u can see what's happening in the background of ur phone but still some apps (BBQ, Snapchat,w wqbd,color gogo and some gaming apps) are getting installed .

By reading some comments on this page .....I finally understood that..as of now there is no other alternative than shifting to another mobile phone of different brand 😑

I bought Panasonic 4 yrs before...bcz we liked it's battery backup and many other features ! But now I have to opt for a new device !!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem !
I have Panasonic Eluga A3 pro (it's been 4+ years now).
Everything was going superfine until last week of November !

At first my WhatsApp got banned ! Then I understood that unknown ppl were getting messages from my number (which I never sent them) about returning some loan. Then I was getting some group invitation message from international numbers (those messages were getting vanished within a second from screen). I thought someone might have hacked my WhatsApp so I went to cyber cell to file a complaint but they thought i might have clicked any unknown link etc. And asked me ignore this matter.

Also some unknown apps were getting installed without my knowledge ! Like BBQ browser, and app related to bitcoin !(I'm not into crypto currency... God knows this was happening ). So in the end to get rid of all this I formated my Android (factory reset). Then I created new Gmail account using new mobile number and registered WhatsApp with this new number. But again my WhatsApp got banned ! Bcz I was still getting messages from international numbers !
So I deleted that WhatsApp account also !
And again unknown apps started getting installed without my knowledge..I tried to uninstall them but they used to reappear after some time !
Apps like Color go go , BBQ browser, jumper , Snapchat (I'm not on Snapchat but my Google history showed that I tried to buy that app)Also this wqbd was getting installed again and again !
So I again tried to reset my phone !

And this time also...my phone was alright for one day but again this wqbd got installed !

Now I haven't registered to WhatsApp bcz I finally understood no matter how many times I would create new Gmail account from new sim card ...there is some problem in mobile system !

Someone has shared a link in thread related to wqbd problem...which says Panasonic has been facing data breaching !
I finally felt some relief that my efforts of net surfing since last one month finally landed me to this page !
Here I came to know that...I am not the only one facing all these issues...there are other folks also... having Panasonic mobile phone !
Till now everyone was blaming me that I must have clicked wrong link or shared OTP etc but now after reading that article about data breaching I finally understood it's not my fault but it's the mobile system which is responsible!!

Sorry for this long thread ! But I wanted to share all the problems for those who were asking for details about wqbd.

I tried to install malware bytes but it's of no use ...bcz Even if you uninstall the infected folder (in my case it was updater it's symbol was clouds in Blue Color) it reappears after some time !
Then I tried No root firewall ...it also can't protect ur phone totally... though u can see what's happening in the background of ur phone but still some apps (BBQ, Snapchat,w wqbd,color gogo and some gaming apps) are getting installed .

By reading some comments on this page .....I finally understood that..as of now there is no other alternative than shifting to another mobile phone of different brand

I bought Panasonic 4 yrs before...bcz we liked it's battery backup and many other features ! But now I have to opt for a new device !!
Welcome to AC!

I would recommend staying with brands like Google,Samsung,Apple they seem to have better security on their devices

tanu14

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
From India

Hi All, I have been using panasonic p55 max since 2018, I too may be from nov 2021 experienced issues related to "wqbd"

alongwith wqbd, there are other unknown apps(even when installation from unknown sources option is disabled) getting auto installed frequently like bbq browser, color gogo

after this several chrome tabs gets opened automatically some bookmarked chrome tabs gets duplicated, reopend or closed

whenver i awake the mobile from sleep mode, I had to close several popups like "google not responding, chrome not responding,
google play not responding, google news not responding and this not responding message is displayed for some other apps also"

I had to again and again close them every time i awake the mobile, its really frustrating to go thru all these malfunctioning every time i use the mobile, it had become a daily daunting activity

Whatsapp getting banned again and again, may be bcoz of this, I am, worried what spam messages are being sent from my whatsapp to random users, some of those had even called and texted me saying, " who are you" mostly they are from other countries

I had to frequently sent unban request message to whatsapp everytime it happens, it gets unbanned for a while again it gets banned, and shows some deleting messages in notifications, i dont know what messages are being deleted, I had to verify the number again and again to get access to my whatsapp account, and now after so many verificaion thru call or text, even those call and text options are being delayed like resend in 24 hrs, calling in 24 hrs

Its getting very irritating and frustrating on daily basis, I tried installing various antivirus, called the network provider, to check if there is some issue at their end, but they didnt detected any issues at their end for my number

So many times I did factory resets, but it works fine for somedays and again all the above mentioned issues reoccur

I have android 7, and till now no official update of new OS , whenever i check the software update option I didnt find any new update beyond android 7, cant understand why new os updates are not provided for all the mobile models

Does anybody facing such issues got some permanent solution to this ?

I am slightly reluctant to buy new mobile, only bcoz I like the p55 max features like 5000mah removable battery and no notch 5.5 display, this could not b the issue related to hardware , also are there any other options to install official new andorid like 10 or 11 version on p55max ?

sir_rajesh

Dec 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi All,

if we stop data serveice it will not install, but when ever you start data service is installing .
today I have recieved call from panasonic , they told they have bug , during update of os , so you need to visit service center to update the andriod os from there and . factory reset will not work. if your phone out of warrenty they will support and they will install android veriosn from there end . without bug. requesting you please neareset panasonic service center .
if you want to use as only for communication . stop the data servie and use it it will not install , i am doing same with eluga 530 , last 7 days . I am using very less data service on phone .max 5 min. mostly using internet in laptop.
if your in india you can send mail to panasonic sopport team on below .

mobile.support@in.panasonic.com> and for escllation service.head@in.panasonic.com .

i recevied the call from panasonic after 10days of my mail.

if they are not able to fix then we have to buy new phone .