[MEGATHREAD] Hiteker, UTab, Score, and other prison devices

Scott Westen

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Can I use an external SD Card reader on my moto g? It is the prepaid Verizon edition?

I would like to transfer files to a tablet.

My friend is getting out of the big house in a couple of weeks. He has a u-tab7 from union supply, which is a locked down tablet. He said once he gets out he can't put more stuff on it.

I bet him I could do it using my phone.

Then he tells me that the tablet is locked down and he can only access it through their menu and that only allows songs etc from that company.

I am on a quest to hack that tablet. Any thoughts?

A

Android Central Question

I need the password Hiteker u804mc password or unlock code or the regulator number

I need the password Hiteker u804mc password or unlock code or the regulator number

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need the password Hiteker u804mc password or unlock code or the regulator number

Unfortunately, we can't be of much help. As those devices are typically provided through prisons, you can understand our reluctance to assist with unlocking the device. Maybe the institution that provided it would be of assistance in unlocking it?

A

Android Central Question

How do I transfer all my songs from the 2AHUC-EDGEMINI-LI tablet (running Condor) to my HP laptop?

I got this 5" tablet in prison, bought hundreds of songs to use on it and now want to transfer them to my computer so I can play them. Do I need to transfer the music player as well (I assume that it's open source software)? I tried copying and pasting the files and ended up with a bunch of individual files that I can play one at at time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I transfer all my songs from the 2AHUC-EDGEMINI-LI tablet (running Condor) to my HP lapto

Those prison-issued tablets typically cannot be used outside of the penal institutions.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Re: How do I transfer all my songs from the 2AHUC-EDGEMINI-LI tablet (running Condor) to my HP lapto

In what format are the individual songs/files? Typically, most music players will recognize most known audio files, and then try to arrange or add them to the music player's library, so they can be presented/displayed in an organized manner for things like Album, Artists, Genre, etc... and then "played" using the music player. What "app" is used right now to "individually play" the "individual songs/files" you transferred? It could be that you just need an appropriate music player app for the songs/files. Or, maybe all the individual songs/files might have to be converted to a different format. Sometimes, there are also propriety or digital rights controls in place that may prevent you from doing what you might be trying to do. From what "service" did you purchase all the songs?

19Bicho82

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Hiteker tablet U804MC

Has anyone figured out how to flash the 3rd generation tablet or how to get it to play movies or music if you mount an sd reader directly onto the board...? I have one with a reader mounted on it and it will display the titles of the music, but it will not play it... can't get it to read the mp4 files either... can any of you help...?

A

Android Central Question

What is the address to send in a prison tablet to unlock it after prison?

Out of prison and have sensitive information on my Edge mini 5" tablet and need the address to send it to get it unlocked from the prison

Mehtore

May 20, 2022
Visit site
My friend there's volume buttons, but there not solder in. I had one in California, but I couldn't get the buttons to work, your better off putting a sd card slot n solder it, n watch movies and pictures, through the document app. Just gotta create a jpeg file, n it will direct you to the photo program, once there go through storage files n movie's will pop out. Good luck, in California prisons those tablets, are obsolete and no longer available for sale either. The music can be played as well too. Ok then much luck.

The tablet has areas were the volume buttons would go, just need someone to solder it for him. Tell him to talk to, the clerk for electronics class, see what he says.

There made by union supply, which is a vending company for inmates, try that.

I remember in prison someone had that same problem, the tablet won't charge, like a certain capacitor of some sort went out n can't charge through the charging slot, does anyone know about power banks that, transfer charge to battery, or know how to read the blue prints to the tablets mother board schematics. That's what this person is asking for. Like I said, when I was in prison I encountered this problem n I couldn't fix it the only way for it to work is by, charging the battery to another tablet, n once charge put it back. If anyone knows tell me I would like to know how to fix that.

The hitecker tablet from walkenherst, won't let you reset tablet, without entering password that the company put. Now there are volume buttons, like there, their u just need to look by the HDMI input area they should be next to it. If you find a way to scratch the surface, n touch it with a piece of metal, (paper clip) or bread tie, you'll activate the volume buttons. Now once you get the hang of pressing the volume buttons, go ahead n hold down n power to enter that hidden menu. Once there it will ask you to factory reset, the problem is that it won't work anyways, it's still going to be locked, but if you can figure out how to use that secret menu to mess with the Android kiosk, you might just have a chance to get somewere. Other than that, that's how far I got. Someone told me to try installing a king's Root type of program n see if that works other than that you'll need to learn how to use that Odin program. Well good luck.

It's hard to be on your phone in prison, gotta watch out for people walking n seing you using the phone, n know when the gaurds walk, which gaurds, are working today. It's a risk you take with a phone, but with a tablet it isn't because, it's legal in a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Android Central Question

I need to have tablet unlocked im no longer in prison

I don't know tablet password and I'm not in prison I want to unlock tablet

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: I need to have tablet unlocked im no longer in prison

Assuming you're referring to something like a JP5 tablet, yes?
If so, don't bother putting too much effort or funds to 'unlock' this device. JPay devices are, by design, not consumer tablets. They are intentionally made specifically to be used within U.S. prison facilities, using U.S. prison online access and with restricted, monitored, and curated access to online services.
The issue being, the software made to run on JP5 tablets is a custom firmware. It uses Android as its foundation but the user interface and apps have integral limitations. There are some people out there who claim to be able to bypass, but note that you'll still be left with a tablet that's running a dated, altered version of Android, and you're going to need to put a lot of time and effort to upgrade all the apps and such to possibly work with current online services.

Think about just buying a new or at least newer tablet. Instead of going through all the hassle you'll have to go through to get your JP5 tablet to be fully functional outside of prison, get a typical, consumer tablet that will just work.
https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/best-tablet/

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/22916033/best-tablet-deals

If budget is a big factor, give some thought to a Amazon Fire tablet. There's a lot of Amazon branding with all their Fire mobile devices but that helps subsidize them so you'll be getting a nice tablet that's a solid, day-to-day usage at an economical price.

(Congrats on your release.)

A

Android Central Question

Why do it says parser promblem when i try to open an app or when i try to open app

I got a tablet from game prison system

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do it says parser promblem when i try to open an app or when i try to open app

Welcome to Android Central! That usually means the app you're trying to install is not compatible with the device. Those prison tablets are locked down pretty tight. It's a somewhat frequent question here about how to unlock those tablets -- no one has ever come up with a solution on this forum. I don't think it's worth your time -- look for an inexpensive tablet instead from a reputable manufacturer, like Samsung, Lenovo, TCL, or Nokia.

A

Android Central Question

How do i enable Bluetooth on The Edge Miniplayer from keefe group?

I have a Condor Android version 4.4.2. Kernel version 3.4.67 that is supposed to have Bluetooth. I recently released from prison and would like to be able to use this player with my wireless earbuds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835