"Messaging is sending a large amount of messages...."

Chad Reitsma

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just ran into this problem, it is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
This is a major usability flaw and should be removed immediately.
"One way to stop rogue apps" is a terrible excuse - here's an idea... DON'T INSTALL SH@% APPS ON YOUR PHONE.

Darkstar_Industries

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Thought I would add my thoughts.
This is the most annoying thing ever. I used to use Airdroid or now SnapPea, but even if I send one message through either of them, I have to unlock my phone and allow it. Useless.
Does the above programme fix this issue?

Never mind. I found a solution. This worked for me on my Nexus 4 running the Latest CM10.1 nightly.

waquas zafar

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I think it either 30 or 50 messages.
it is very verrry verry annoying. It asks on every singke message !!!
i just updates to JB and hate this now .
all was working great but this is totally a turn off.

johnblack12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
You can try using SMS Limit Unlock (download it from Google Play), it claims it can remove this notification once and for all for almost all Android version (including 4.2.2 and 4.3). You will need root, of course.
My ROM comes without that notification but I have a friend who tried it and it worked for him, so you should at least try it.

Don Kinnsch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I changed my settings and it took care of it ! Go into setting and click on security, then click on SMS message limit & you can change it there. Good luck. Let me know how it went.

hsj777

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Try to look under settings --> Security --> App Security

I have it there and have set it successfully to 500.

On my Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL, the max you can set it at is 200. It was set at only 30 messages every 15 minutes so thank you so much for your help!!!:)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed on my Nexus 4 if I send quite a few SMS in a short space of time I get a "Messaging is sending a large amount of messages" warning with a prompt to Allow or Deny for every message I send for about an hour after it's quite annoying.

It's not a massive issue I know but does anybody know a way to disable it? I'm hoping it doesn't involve Root as I'm bored of that scene now.

View attachment 47592

Ok l like

Last edited by a moderator:

mujtabar

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I have same issue with my lg optimus f5 p-875 it asks again and again and again this error ("large number of sms messages do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages")
How should i fix it reply me as soon as possible please i'm so frustrated about this thing

Last edited by a moderator:

gth826a

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Changing this setting to "none" worked for me... When trying to send larger group messages I have my phone set to send individual messages (SMS) instead of an MMS. In turn, my security settings thought something fishy was going on, and the message limitation security feature was intercepting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf