gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Anyone here have Metro? I currently have T-Mobile which is all and well and fine, but I'm tired of paying 100+ dollars a month for cell service when I could be getting it cheaper somewhere else for almost the exact same service. Currently I have a discount on my account which is going to be removed soon, and after that, it will go back up to much higher again.

I could sign up with Metro and pay only 80 dollars a month. Only downside I feel is that your service isn't prioritized as much since you aren't a direct T-Mobile customer.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it's hard to know when and if you are being deprioritized. I have Mint Mobile, and there are times when my signal is strong, yet the data isn't moving as fast as I think it should. I don't know if this is conscious deprioritization or just congestion/interference. My guess is that Metro and TMo connection (both are prepaid services owned/run by TMo), would be deprioritized less than true MVNO's like Mint. I'm thinking only an inside network engineer could truly answer these questions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you thought about Google Fi? That uses mostly T-Mobile towers (and US Cellular, but T-Mobile provides the most coverage by far), and from what I've heard, it's rare to notice any deprioritization. Prices are very reasonable, and you can choose plans that only charge you for roughly how much data you use.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
No. Metro is better for value. 80 dollars a month for two lines at 35gb a line on Google FI vs Metro 80 a month for two unlimited lines.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yep. They do. During the day when at work and at home, I'm on Wifi generally. Beyond that I generally use my device for streaming music and content and it tends to be a quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali