Most Email apps missing important features.

nato123

Nov 26, 2021
Visit site
I have looked thru most of the email apps, at least the free ones. And what bothers me is the ability to stop spams. Yes, many have ways to block spam from a sender. But this is of no use today were the professional spam senders constantly changes their address. What we need is a way to set up rules to block by certain phrases in the heading or the content. If I never want to see spams advertizing for bitcoin invertmensts, I could simply make a filter with "bitcoin".

Yes, I know.. Gmail has all these features actually! But if I for some reasons dont want to use Gmail I cant find another option. Also Thunderbird for windows does this exellent by the way.

The same goes for SMS apps. They all have the ability to block a sender by the number, but spamsenders never show their numbers. So it's useless.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've found a few other email services to be reasonably good at identifying spam, like Yahoo Mail. Which email service do you use? Or do you use an Exchange email service?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Blocking email spam is a server-side process, not a client-side. Granted, some PC/Mac email clients do add some spam filtering on top of the server processing.

Check your email provider's webmail site to see what options are available to you.
Not all email providers are equal when looking at their spam filtering options.

nato123

Nov 26, 2021
Visit site
Blocking email spam is a server-side process, not a client-side. Granted, some PC/Mac email clients do add some spam filtering on top of the server processing.

Check your email provider's webmail site to see what options are available to you.
Not all email providers are equal when looking at their spam filtering options.

Yes, I know, I know. But when email provider's spamfiltering is very basic, to say the least, I have no other option than to do local filtering.
And has anyone ever heard about an email provider responding and changing their filtering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332