Moto X cyber monday sale

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems superfluous to spend $350+ on a N5 when you really want a Moto X. I guess I get it if you went for the N5 because it was $150 less than the Moto X but at the end of the day you spent $700 on phones (at least) with no guarantee to recoup half of that $350 (granted in all likelihood you'll get it back on CL) vs. just dropping $550 on a Moto X or waiting to see if they drop off-contract pricing or have a sale.

It's a matter of value for me vs what's available. I didn't think the Moto X was WORTH the extra money over the N5. The N5 is a great phone and when the price is $350 vs $500 or $600(Idr what the price was when I originally ordered)then I think the N5 will come out on top every time. However both being the same price then I rly would rather pick the Moto X.

My phone bill is quite a bit less than that of someone on contract, so I can be a little crazy with phone purchases. Plus I'm a sucker for sales.....BF is my fav holiday. It's fun to watch all the prices drop so to me the value of the X with my own design for $350 is exactly where I'd want the price to be.

I kinda doubt I'll have a hard time getting rid of my N5 and at least recouping most/if not all of the money I put into it. But if I do.....oh well. The credit cards will be paid off eventually, unless I die before then....in which case wooohoo free Moto X. :D

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems superfluous to spend $350+ on a N5 when you really want a Moto X. I guess I get it if you went for the N5 because it was $150 less than the Moto X but at the end of the day you spent $700 on phones (at least) with no guarantee to recoup half of that $350 (granted in all likelihood you'll get it back on CL) vs. just dropping $550 on a Moto X or waiting to see if they drop off-contract pricing or have a sale.

I also have a N5 and was going to pick up a Moto X. While I love my N5, it does have a few bugs to be worked out (slow camera focus, missing voicemail notifications, etc). I've heard such good things about the Moto X and I wanted to see which one I would prefer as a daily driver. Is it a waste of money? Perhaps, but I figured I could sell which ever I don't want and not lose much money. I am fortunate to be in a position where I can afford both. Technology and cars are my hobby, and I don't mind spending my money on either. The money lost is well worth it for the enjoyment I get out of them.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I also have a N5 and was going to pick up a Moto X. While I love my N5, it does have a few bugs to be worked out (slow camera focus, missing voicemail notifications, etc). I've heard such good things about the Moto X and I wanted to see which one I would prefer as a daily driver. Is it a waste of money? Perhaps, but I figured I could sell which ever I don't want and not lose much money. I am fortunate to be in a position where I can afford both. Technology and cars are my hobby, and I don't mind spending my money on either. The money lost is well worth it for the enjoyment I get out of them.

Yeah I agree. The camera on the N5 is ugly right now. I think it'll get fixed eventually but I just see any downsides to the Moto X personally. The ONLY thing I will very much miss is the wireless charging. But I lived for years without it so I don't think it'll be that huge of a negative for me.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree. The camera on the N5 is ugly right now. I think it'll get fixed eventually but I just see any downsides to the Moto X personally. The ONLY thing I will very much miss is the wireless charging. But I lived for years without it so I don't think it'll be that huge of a negative for me.

I couldn't agree more about the wireless charging. I'm not sure if I would want to give that up, as it is very convenient.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
For kicks and giggles I pulled up my cart on Motorola.com and went to checkout and it won't take my payment information any ways. Keeps coming back insisting I fill in fields that I correctly filled even. So, even today I'm not sure you could order a Moto X at full price.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know who in their right mind would squander an entire day to save a measly 150 bucks, as after a few fails I would be like *my time is way more important* than to sit and spin *all* day. That is on you lol.

To people, especially young people, like college students, who have no job or only make $50 a day, $150 off is huge. It could totally be worth a day of refreshing. It might take them weeks or more to save up that much. Even from someone with a 6 figure salary, $150 is not chump change.

Posted via Android Central App

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
For kicks and giggles I pulled up my cart on Motorola.com and went to checkout and it won't take my payment information any ways. Keeps coming back insisting I fill in fields that I correctly filled even. So, even today I'm not sure you could order a Moto X at full price.

Gives you confidence for tomorrow doesn't it?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it works for you then. :)

If I get "stuck" with the N5 because I can't get in on this sale then I won't be heartbroken. The N5 is a great phone but I wish it was a tad smaller. I've never been a fan of how big phones are getting and I'd even argue that 4.5" is my sweet spot still with all these fancy phones out.

I'm not sure where we will be in a year. LG G2 already went up to 5.2" and I kinda think Samsung will match that in this coming year. Unfortunately they just don't make phones with that great one handed feel like the Moto X is to me. I may be stuck buying an iPhone next year, who knows.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Gives you confidence for tomorrow doesn't it?

I considered just getting one full price to get in at the head of the and avoid the crush on Wednesday (I was prepared to pay the full price anyway). Seems it may not matter even if I want to give them MORE money than the sale. They just don't want to take my money!

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Wow, that's bad.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I considered just getting one full price to get in at the head of the and avoid the crush on Wednesday (I was prepared to pay the full price anyway). Seems it may not matter even if I want to give them MORE money than the sale. They just don't want to take my money!

Ha. The manufacturing plant should be churning out a bunch of developer editions or something right now since nobody can get the custom ones. Either that or they are sitting around playing with fresh Moto X's while they wait for orders to actually get through.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
To people, especially young people, like college students, who have no job or only make $50 a day, $150 off is huge. It could totally be worth a day of refreshing. It might take them weeks or more to save up that much. Even from someone with a 6 figure salary, $150 is not chump change.

Posted via Android Central App

I get it, poor or not it is a great deal.....but hardly worth making a fuss over when moto has done more than make it right. If people wasted their day, productivity, or mind doing the same thing expecting different results, that is *completely* on *them* and they can waste today bickering about it too. It is pointless and futile. Moto made it right! Rejoice! And most of all do not waste thine day hitting the refresh button for anything lol.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
If I get "stuck" with the N5 because I can't get in on this sale then I won't be heartbroken. The N5 is a great phone but I wish it was a tad smaller. I've never been a fan of how big phones are getting and I'd even argue that 4.5" is my sweet spot still with all these fancy phones out.

I'm not sure where we will be in a year. LG G2 already went up to 5.2" and I kinda think Samsung will match that in this coming year. Unfortunately they just don't make phones with that great one handed feel like the Moto X is to me. I may be stuck buying an iPhone next year, who knows.

That is the biggest reason I'm going with the Moto X over the N5. I think 4.7" is pretty spot on for screen size since the X's bezel is non-existent and the Moto X has a better design language than the N5. My biggest challenge is over screen quality and I can see a difference between the N5 and Moto X. My baseline for "good" is my wife's Samsung S4 and the Moto X is in the same ballpark as the S4 but it can't touch the N5 for screen quality.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Might be a problem with integration with the Motorola credit offer. I'm taking advantage of the 12-mo. no payment deal so I can order it now and pay it off when the annual X-Mas bonus comes through later this month.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That is the biggest reason I'm going with the Moto X over the N5. I think 4.7" is pretty spot on for screen size since the X's bezel is non-existent and the Moto X has a better design language than the N5. My biggest challenge is over screen quality and I can see a difference between the N5 and Moto X. My baseline for "good" is my wife's Samsung S4 and the Moto X is in the same ballpark as the S4 but it can't touch the N5 for screen quality.

Yea, the aesthetics of the X is dead on. I rly hope if and when they make an X2 that they keep the same feel to it and simply add interchangeable backs like the G and wireless charging. Otherwise this is VERY close to the perfect phone for my needs.

I've never cared much about screens. As long as I can see it outside in the FL sun then I don't mind what they look like. The N5 is nice and maybe I can see some differences if a phone is right next to it. But it's been a very long time since I've seen a pixel so pixel counts don't matter to me and after time I forget what my old phone screen even looks like. I don't even remember the last time I had something that was untolerable.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You obviously aren't reading what people are saying. We didn't KNOW we would be spending that much time ahead of time. We were being strung along with "soon". After already investing an hour, people thought soon meant less than another hour, which of course turned into more hours, being strung along with more "soons".
I totally understand - but in my experience "soon" is a place holder that is used to keep someone strung along. I guess it worked.

(Ask my kids what "soon" means...)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Might be a problem with integration with the Motorola credit offer. I'm taking advantage of the 12-mo. no payment deal so I can order it now and pay it off when the annual X-Mas bonus comes through later this month.

Yeah I plan on taking advantage of the 12 months no interest as well. Does anyone know if anyone that got the Dev Ed. used Motorola's financing?

Edit: Is there any way to add my Motorola account to my payment options before hand? I couldn't get it to work yesterday in between hitting refresh.

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hoping tomorrow is better than yesterday. I tried to get the phone and won't let that one bad experience stop me from trying again tomorrow. I have the phone in my cart ready to go. Only curios on how many phones they mean when they say:

We will double the quantity of phones available, while supplies last

The key phrase is "while supplies last" which could see an early rush on the site and possibly overwhelming it again. Hope not.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Why am I able to create and order a moto x phone for verizon now with ease? Of course now it's 549.99 for 32gb.

Because they were able to fix the problem but, out of fairness, didn't want the sale to start at midnight?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe