Moto X cyber monday sale

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Or intentional. They don't want people buying them right now.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

If people are having problems buying today, it's not intentional, as their apology said the following:

Please note that MotoMaker.com will open up for regular business tomorrow (Tuesday, December 3). We will stay the course on our regular sales as we restore our promotional prices for Wednesday and Monday.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If people are having problems buying today, it's not intentional, as their apology said the following:

Interesting. I wonder if they changed the date on that, because that definitely wasn't up yesterday. Regardless, motomaker itself wasn't up last night until 12:30, and it wasn't taking orders.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder if they changed the date on that, because that definitely wasn't up yesterday. Regardless, motomaker itself wasn't up last night until 12:30, and it wasn't taking orders.

I think their is some confusion, my "Wow, that's bad" post that you quoted was me replying to someone who said they were unable to buy a moto x using motomaker today at full price.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Even from someone with a 6 figure salary, $150 is not chump change.
Especially if they have 4 kids and are paying for 6 cell phones, 6 health insurance premiums, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it wasn't. Or you wouldn't have been able to buy that dev edition.
Ya, it was - the problem was checking out a customized phone at a reduced price. The problem was NOT customizing the phone.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just chatted with Verizon, they said I can't add a line to my plan since it is an old single line plan. If I had an old share plan with unlimited data then I could add a new line without losing unlimited, but I don't qualify since mine is a single line plan. So I guess that possible plan went out the window.
People have done it. You need to get the right rep on the phone and they have to find the right code. Go ask on the thread in the verizon forum, not here. They are literally experts on that thread on the various ways to do this like poster dpham00. However, your plan price will increase because unlimited texting is now $30 instead of $20 and if you have unlimited minutes, that will increase. Also 450 minutes is not offered on a family share plan.

You also can combine your line with your wife's into a family plan and then add a line, which would be more economical anyhow.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is losing sight on how great the Moto X is...how fantastic they did rolling out KITKAT before some NEXUS devices ! And the fact that they are giving you two days now to get one....yea, inconvenience...but the end result...a KITKAT MOTOX is worth it......Motorola is not valued based on a down webpage, but the fact of the best product, fast software updates and going the extra mile.

chill

For some of us, this isn't our first negative experience with Motorola. I had sworn off ever buying another Motorola phone again, but I wanted to give the company another chance now that 10 years have passed and Google now owns the company. This wasn't a good impression for the company to make, no matter how happy their customers are. Not only were there problems (easily forgiven), there was horrible communication (saying the site was up when it wasn't), people who had orders that went through the checkout at the full price instead of the sale price, and bad communication throughout the day (communication happened through a different Twitter account than what was linked from the website).

All of this adds up to Motorola doesn't care about the customer experience at all. It doesn't give me faith that the products are any better after all of this time, either. I am reconsidering my purchase of the Moto X because of this.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For some of us, this isn't our first negative experience with Motorola. I had sworn off ever buying another Motorola phone again, but I wanted to give the company another chance now that 10 years have passed and Google now owns the company. This wasn't a good impression for the company to make, no matter how happy their customers are. Not only were there problems (easily forgiven), there was horrible communication (saying the site was up when it wasn't), people who had orders that went through the checkout at the full price instead of the sale price, and bad communication throughout the day (communication happened through a different Twitter account than what was linked from the website).

All of this adds up to Motorola doesn't care about the customer experience at all. It doesn't give me faith that the products are any better after all of this time, either. I am reconsidering my purchase of the Moto X because of this.

To be fair Google has terrible support also. I hate that this happened and I think it shows some incompetence but at the end of the day it's the product that is going to do the talking and not how I bought the product.

They tried something new, it's like Google. They do things that are NEW and groundbreaking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This doesn't happen to other companies because they go through store channels and just sell things regularly. Should they have been prepared for this? Absolutely, but what it comes down to is they F'ed up. We will see if they can make up for it tomorrow and Monday. Life's about second chances right? :D

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
To be fair Google has terrible support also. I hate that this happened and I think it shows some incompetence but at the end of the day it's the product that is going to do the talking and not how I bought the product.

They tried something new, it's like Google. They do things that are NEW and groundbreaking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This doesn't happen to other companies because they go through store channels and just sell things regularly. Should they have been prepared for this? Absolutely, but what it comes down to is they F'ed up. We will see if they can make up for it tomorrow and Monday. Life's about second chances right? :D

Agree.....I forgive moto. They were not ready for that kind of traffic, but now they *must* deliver lol.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if you'll be able to check out something that's already in your cart when the sale goes live, or do you have to add the phone to the cart after the sale goes live?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you on Google's support.

Part of the point of my post is that the experience doesn't give me much faith in the products, even though the two concepts should be unrelated. The more I think about it, the more I think that I will pass this offer up and concentrate on how to get a Jolla in the US.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

anyone new to online device store faces these issues. Google had similar issues with N4/N7 but they learned their lesson.
Nexus 5/nexus 7 2013 order/shipping process was smooth.

I think moto store will improve over time

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if you'll be able to check out something that's already in your cart when the sale goes live, or do you have to add the phone to the cart after the sale goes live?

I would think you just have to Refresh and that should update price. If that doesn't work save it with your log in, sign out and sign back in. It should save the moto x you chose.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to have little faith that I'll actually get this thing ordered tomorrow. Tried one more time to get past the payment entry screen using my Motorola credit account and still can't get past that to the review order screen trying to order a Moto X at it's regular price. I'm starting to think that even if they have this thing fixed tomorrow I still won't get my order end due to issues utilizing the Motorola credit offer.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
anyone new to online device store faces these issues. Google had similar issues with N4/N7 but they learned their lesson.
Nexus 5/nexus 7 2013 order/shipping process was smooth.

I think moto store will improve over time

I don't want to derail this thread, but I see people reference the problems with ordering the Nexus 4 quite often. I don't remember having excessive problems ordering the Nexus 4. I missed the first round of product availability, but I was able to order when the second wave of ordering started. What were the problems that people reference with the Nexus 4?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to derail this thread, but I see people reference the problems with ordering the Nexus 4 quite often. I don't remember having excessive problems ordering the Nexus 4. I missed the first round of product availability, but I was able to order when the second wave of ordering started. What were the problems that people reference with the Nexus 4?

It was similar to this experience, except orders were actually trickling through. A lot of orders that went through though were backordered for a month or more. The Nexus 5 launch went very smooth comparatively. There were still people complaining that others who ordered 2 minutes after them got their shipping confirmation an hour earlier ;), but for the most part it was executed pretty well.

I don't think it's possible for any company to have a perfect launch. I'm sure people would complain if there was an Amazon Prime Air drone that landed in their front yard with the product a moment after the Submit Order button was clicked. Too far from the house, too loud, should've been there earlier...

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It was similar to this experience, except orders were actually trickling through. A lot of orders that went through though were backordered for a month or more. The Nexus 5 launch went very smooth comparatively. There were still people complaining that others who ordered 2 minutes after them got their shipping confirmation an hour earlier ;), but for the most part it was executed pretty well.

I don't think it's possible for any company to have a perfect launch. I'm sure people would complain if there was an Amazon Prime Air drone that landed in their front yard with the product a moment after the Submit Order button was clicked. Too far from the house, too loud, should've been there earlier...

It's too bad that this wasn't a product launch, this was just a sale months after the phone came out.
But on a more positive note, anyone doing the engraving on the back? I was thinking of a saying or something, definitely not my name.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred