Moto X not powering on after drop

mmene

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
I have the original Moto X and it has mostly worked fine. A few weeks ago it was dropped a short distance and would not power on. I connected it to a high capacity wall charger for a bit, held down the power key for a few minutes and it booted up. Somehow the drop mysteriously seems to have discharged the battery, I did not know that was possible.
Yesterday it got dropped again. It has a fairly robust case and there is no visible damage. Again it is not powering up and this time the earlier fix is not working. I have tried out various suggestions that I have read like holding down the power key for 5 minutes or holding down the power and volume down key for 5 minutes. If I plug it into my computer I don't see a response from USB connecting.

I am at my wits end, does anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong and how I might be able to power up my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge undisturbed overnight. Then try powering on again by pressing and holding Power for at least 10-15 seconds. If it doesn't turn on, then there's probably some kind of internal damage. It might be something simple like a loose connection, or more serious like a damaged motherboard -- you'd have to take it to a repair shop to find out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonaslii