Music files are being stored in device storage and the music player shows "no tracks"

Riha

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
So i have Samsung galaxy j5 prime and my problem is that everything I download goes to device storage and not in audio or video files thus the music app shows that there are no tracks i tried moving the songs to audio file but the option does not exist. When i click on move option i can move files only in device storage not outside. I don't know what to do.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Music files are being stored in device storage and the music player shows "no tracks"

So i have Samsung galaxy j5 prime and my problem is that everything I download goes to device storage and not in audio or video files thus the music app shows that there are no tracks i tried moving the songs to audio file but the option does not exist. When i click on move option i can move files only in device storage not outside. I don't know what to do.
Which file manager are you using? If you want to move files to an external disk like a micro SD card, you need to grant the file explorer write permission to the disk. Usually you will be prompted to do this once you have chosen the disk as your target destination. If you are, you must select the root (main folder) directory of said disk. Hope this helps.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Where are you downloading the files from?
If you are downloading from a streaming service, most will not let you externally touch the files due to copyright issues, thus requiring you to play the files from inside the app that downloaded them.