My battery is trash and i cant contact android.

A

AC Question

I recently got a knew Android with the insurance through sprint, ive had it for about 2 or 3 months and the battery is the worst ive ever had takes forever to charge and dies in about 1 to 2 hours depending on use. It also freezes alot but i can look past that i just dont understand why it dosnt hold its charge. Im very disappointed. I have been an android user for 7 years and it would be a shame if i have to go to iPhone just because of my battery. I hope you can help me

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you've been trying to draw the last ounce of power from the battery, 2-3 months is probably end-of-life for the battery - lithium is not a deep-discharge technology. The battery should never be allowed to drop below 40%. (It doesn't care that you must get to this site, or get that download - when it hits 40%, if you don't have a power pack, or are near a charger, turn it off.)

To get a new battery, contact a repair shop - opening an Android device isn't a D-I-Y project. (Or, since it's still under warranty, let Sprint replace it.)

BTW, "Android" is Google, and they don't make phones or tablets, just software to run on them.