My Bionic

leopard2lx

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
If I add a line, I can get the Bionic at the contract price of $299, correct?
Also, I can then move the Bionic to the first line which has unlimited data. Is anybody else doing this?
For me, its the only way to get it without paying full price.

Full777Metal

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
If I add a line, I can get the Bionic at the contract price of $299, correct?
Also, I can then move the Bionic to the first line which has unlimited data. Is anybody else doing this?
For me, its the only way to get it without paying full price.

you can definitely switch lines with the phone, you and do it online or in store. The only potential problem I see with that is that the new line you sign up for will probably also need a data plan to let you buy the phone in the first place.

leopard2lx

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
you can definitely switch lines with the phone, you and do it online or in store. The only potential problem I see with that is that the new line you sign up for will probably also need a data plan to let you buy the phone in the first place.

Yes, but as far as I understand once you add another line you can do a family plan and it ends up being only another $10 per month or so. And I plan on selling the Thunderbolt, so I will just have like a "dummy" line that will not be used.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Set it up in 10 seconds. works awesome

By any chance, do you have Bluetooth audio capabilities in your car? E.g. Listening to music w/out the aux cable to. My Mazda does, but i cant see the song details on my cars display because my Dinc doesnt have AVRCP Bluetooth capabilities.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but as far as I understand once you add another line you can do a family plan and it ends up being only another $10 per month or so. And I plan on selling the Thunderbolt, so I will just have like a "dummy" line that will not be used.

This is what I am also doing. But you do need a cheap dumb phone for the extra line.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I thought about doing this, but you have to consider the big picture... The phone costs $299. Adding a new line is $10/mth x 24 mths = $240. For a total of $539. A savings of only $50 over the retail price of the phone.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought about doing this, but you have to consider the big picture... The phone costs $299. Adding a new line is $10/mth x 24 mths = $240. For a total of $539. A savings of only $50 over the retail price of the phone.

I am gonna do this and get the Costco deal. So really a savings of over $200.

leopard2lx

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know if Costco can add a line for me and switch phones/lines afterwards? they have access to the same system as verizon, right?

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if Costco can add a line for me and switch phones/lines afterwards? they have access to the same system as verizon, right?

If you are gonna go that route. I would just get a dumb phone off craigslist for $20 and head to Verizon store and let them add the line. That way you want have any worries.

suchashorttime

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've spoken to a verizon rep about that before, and it doesn't fly. each phone on your family plan requires that a device be assigned to it, so you can't have a line floating without a plan / device attached. since you're signing on now, you are going to end up paying and extra $10/mo. PLUS the lowest (i assume) option of the tiered data. just think to any smartphone commercial you've ever heard, "discount pricing requires 2 year contract and data plan," so you can't really buy the new line, then assign a basic phone to it. in the end, it's going to end up costing you way more (10 for the line + 30 for the data package = $40/month * 20 months (before your next upgrade to the dummy line) = $800 + 300 (the original price of the phone) = GRAND TOTAL $1100). Sorry to bring the bad news, but Verizon isn't into leaving loopholes that allow upgrades without consequence.

Reactions: Johnly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu