My Droid Maxx will no longer boot, strange menu on screen

larissap112

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
For the past week, my Droid Maxx has been radomly rebooting itself with increasing frequency.

So, I backed up everything, did a reset, and starting reinstalling...the random reboots came back.

This morning, it was VERY hot to the touch (it accidently spent the night under my pillow) and would not boot at all. Several hours later, my husband said what the heck, let's try charging it and it booted. But now, despite having been charged, it won't boot again.

After a while monkeying with it trying to get it to do a hard reboot, now on the screen I have this:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
30.BA (sha-b90d545, 2014-10-16 16:39:36)
eMMC: 16GB Sandisk RV=06 PV=07 TY=17
DRAM: 2048MB Samsung S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb
Up Time 12 minutes
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0
Battery Low
Charger Connected

Boot Mode Selection Menu
Vol Up Selects, Vol Down Scrolls
Normal Powerup
Recovery
Factory
Barcodes
BP Tools
--------------------------------------------------
Fastboot Reason: Key pressed
Charger Connected

I'm not sure what to do next. Up til now, I've had a black screen and if I can do something useful with this screen I'd like to know what it is. :'(

larissap112

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I chose the "Factory" option thinking it might do another reset, but It booted and now I have something called CommServer in my notification area "the commserver has started" and when I tap that I get a menu labeled CQATest with CQA Menu Mode, Sequence Mode, and Model Assembly Mode and two radio buttons at the bottom labeled Factor and ALT.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If there is a way to power off, do so. Leave it plugged in with the power off and then try powering on.

It's entirely possible that the phone has failed though.

If you have fastboot you may be able to flash the firmware. Do a search for House of Moto. That's the only thing I can think of.