My N3 seems to be slowing down, can anyone help diagnose?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Either you're using the phone A LOT or something is keeping the screen on even when you're not using it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Either you're using the phone A LOT or something is keeping the screen on even when you're not using it.

Appreciate your help! I am willing to bet it is because I am on this beast all day long.

Thank you for your feedback

I'll let you know how it goes tom evening

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a plan! As far as slowing down/lag is concerned is it any better??

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1393559671799.jpg

As you can see my screen is still using crazy amts of power even though I used it less today.

Longer phone calls today but all around less screen time.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So what does your screen on time show? Also how much is Verizon protection using??

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That is 2 more hours of screen on time than yesterday! Do you not think you are using the phone or like I said is something keeping the screen on?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Those additional two hours are from phone calls today that I was on.

I made sure that I was careful and shut the screen dwn if It wasn't being used.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
ZO6, with your ideas I firmly believe I am just a insane user of battery and it is just going to be one of those facts of life.

Btw, do I need those two apps that tell me the % of RAM being used and what apps are currently being used that you and another advised me to download yesterday? Doesn't task manager do the fundementaly same thing?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1393560864554.jpg

In this picture what does 79% of RAM correlate too? Does that mean that 79% of the RAM is occupied or is it free?

Last edited:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Those additional two hours are from phone calls today that I was on.

I made sure that I was careful and shut the screen dwn if It wasn't being used.

WRONG. That number represents time thay the screen spent ON!! It is not just a usage time!!

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 106180

In this picture what does 79% of RAM correlate too? Does that mean that 79% of the RAM is occupied or is it free?

It means 79% is being used, but that is Android works. It does not have a lot of free RAM on purpose. It will kill processes and release memory as it needs to. If you are using the task manager to constantly kill apps and free memory it can actually have the opposite effect of what you're trying to achieve!

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
ZO6, with your ideas I firmly believe I am just a insane user of battery and it is just going to be one of those facts of life.

Btw, do I need those two apps that tell me the % of RAM being used and what apps are currently being used that you and another advised me to download yesterday? Doesn't task manager do the fundementaly same thing?

The apps I was telling you about were not to tell you % of RAM being used, but are used to tell what is using your battery/wakelocks.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The apps I was telling you about were not to tell you % of RAM being used, but are used to tell what is using your battery/wakelocks.

Just learning this process now. Those apps are very interesting though. I presume over the weekend I'll mess with it and figure them out.

Thanks for the info though. I'll keep task manager in mind and try not to use it to kill apps all the time like I was doing today.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been using it all day today to look at my new business website, etc and as of right now I am down to 13%.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Clean master is good. I use it. But don't use a task killer. Android doesn't need it. Also not good for the system

Posted via Android Central App

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Clean master is good. I use it. But don't use a task killer. Android doesn't need it. Also not good for the system

Posted via Android Central App

One of my assocs told me the same thing that it isn't good on the system. Can you elaborate for me and tell me why it isn't good on the system to be using talk manager all the time to close out applications?

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just my 2 cents as an FYI - I noticed a big slow down in my system and also battery life when Verizon protect updated itself a few months back (or whenever it became more prominent on my note)

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
One of my assocs told me the same thing that it isn't good on the system. Can you elaborate for me and tell me why it isn't good on the system to be using talk manager all the time to close out applications?

The reason it isn't good is because Android is designed to be used with "full" RAM. Android will use its own garbage collection system to call upon /clear RAM when necessary. Also, many of the apps you "kill" will start right back up after you do, so that cycle takes a toll on the system/battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelcrook