My phone is completely dead after a call. How is it possible?

Beast Force

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi Team,
I was using an Oppo Realme 1 android phone. It was a very good phone. I am pretty impressed with Oppo's performance so when it died I had no option but to buy a new Oppo phone.

Coming to the issue.
I am a pretty heavy user I had lots of apps on the phone and I usually leave the phone on charge over night sleep for around 8 hours.

One day while talking to my girlfriend the phone died. It had around 85% charge left. It had not shown any sign of any problems. So am pretty shocked how a phone can die like that. Is it possible any apps can do this. The phone was not rooted. Its completely dead I tried to charge it againbut no go. It doesn't go into recovery either. Its completely dead. How is it possible? Did it get hacked or what. Did Oppo had a kill switch to kill it due to tensions with India?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
How long are your phone calls? How good is your signal when you're making these calls? Talking on the phone for a long time can easily drain the battery in areas of poor signal.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
in addition to the previous post, what was running in the background? check your battery settings and see what was using the battery. IMO, just keep watch and see if it happens again. at this point, it is near impossible to tell you what is happening.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Software Development forum to the General Help forum. (The "Hacking" part of the "Software Development & Hacking" forum title doesn't refer to malicious hacking of a phone.)

I think the phone hardware failed -- no need to invoke someone hacking your phone. Stuff happens -- anything can fail without warning, even iPhones. Some companies are better known for quality control for others -- I wouldn't consider Oppo one of the top-of-the-line in that category. If the phone is still under warranty, contact Oppo.

Beast Force

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
Hey the phone died 10 mins down the call, the call got disconnected and the phone bricked. It never came back to life after that. It is completely dead. It won't charge, it won't go into recovery mode it won't switch on.

Beast Force

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
That's great. If it is a hardware issue am ok with it. The phone was around 2 years old. So am not sure if it was rigged to fail so soon. But I wud be at peace to know it was not a software issue , apps clashing etc cause I don't want to make the same mistake again.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
oops, I may have misunderstood when you say it was dead in my first reply. I thought it meant completely drained.

did you try the following

1. The first thing you need to do is plug in your phone and let it charge for up to 30 minutes, then try again.

2.Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for at least eight seconds, until the phone enters Revocery Mode to update your system.

https://www.realme.com/in/support/kw/doc/FAQ1009

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's great. If it is a hardware issue am ok with it. The phone was around 2 years old. So am not sure if it was rigged to fail so soon. But I wud be at peace to know it was not a software issue , apps clashing etc cause I don't want to make the same mistake again.

No, I don't think the phone was rigged to fail. What part of the world do you live in? If you're in Europe, I think phones are supposed to have a 2 year warranty, so it might still be covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174