My phone's screen brightness is on dim. I can see using a torch but the touch is working perfectly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone's brightness is gone. At first I thought this problem appears when my phone is cold because the problem comes and goes but now it's completely black. But when I use a torch on my screen I can see everything though it's not that clear. What's the problem, help please.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
First off, never apply an open flame to your screen, because that will damage it.

Second it's unclear what you are saying. Are you saying you have no screen lighting at all, or that you do but it's very very dim?

Knowing what phone it is will help too, because a traditional LCD screen with a broken backlight can behave similar to this. The screen pixels work without the backlight, and shining a flashlight into the screen can let you see them, albeit very dimly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think the OP is using the term "torch" in the British way, meaning flashlight.:)

I agree with Mooncatt -- it sounds like your backlight has failed. Bring the phone to a repair shop.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html
I agree.
1fa1b93e8153ee88a03edf35140a3b3c.jpg