My Tablet has been telling me it is downloading for 3 days now ! What can I do about this?

A

AC Question

My Tablet has been telling me it is downloading for 3 days now !

How do I get this to go away ? All it shows is my android little man with his belly open saying downloading , do not turn off target !! on the left side of the screen there is the start and device info but won't do anything or I can't do anything with it ! Does anyone know how to get this to go away ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Tablet has been telling me it is downloading for 3 days now !

Might sound silly, but have you tried turning your device off by long-pressing the power button and then turning it back on?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

When your device is warning you in bright yellow with a picture of a belly-flopped, internals-exposed Android on the floor that you must NOT turn off the target... it may sound silly to actually do so :p

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It's warning you that if you're downloading something to it, you shouldn't turn it off. (Google needs some less geeky message writers, so the non-geeks can understand the messages. This one isn't the only one that leaves most people scratching their heads.)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yup, that's why that message is so scary, because it's not actually well redacted. It should only appear if you're actively downloading stuff IMHO