My tablet keeps showing a notification of A "Harmful App" but I can't even remove or uninstall it.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My tablet keeps showing a notification of A "Harmful App" but I can't even remove or uninstall it.

Actually, this has been occurring for months. I tried to tolerate it but it became annoying.

So once in a while, I get a notification with the phrase "Disable Harmful App"
With the subtext: "ForeignOnLineApplication" can damage your device.

When I click 'disable' the notification just disappears for a while. But after a while (an hour or so) the notification comes up again.
I've tried to go to Settings and disable this 'app' but it seems like there's no uninstall option

I've tried Factory Reset but it just returned. It's a persistent thing and it is very annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My tablet keeps showing a notification of A "Harmful App" but I can't even remove or uninstall i

Welcome to Android Central! The next time you see the notification, swipe down the notification panel and long-press the notification. Then tap App Info, and tell us which app is giving the notification.

epoch_ffd8

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
Re: My tablet keeps showing a notification of A "Harmful App" but I can't even remove or uninstall i

Mine does it with "galaxy apps" which is long hold:
Google Play Store version 10.4.13-all[0]PR and a number im not going to mention

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but did you post the original question, or are you just experiencing something similar?

I'm not sure what you mean -- are you saying that long-pressing the notification and tapping App Info tells you it's the Galaxy Apps store or the Google Play Store that's responsible for the notification?

epoch_ffd8

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site

Something similar.
App showing problem the one stated above, I just applied your long press process.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm -- so the Play Store is giving you a notification that "Galaxy Apps" is a potentially harmful app? If it's coming from the Play Store, then I would guess it's due to Google Play Protect. If you have the Galaxy Apps Store app installed, was it preinstalled, or did you have to install it yourself?

epoch_ffd8

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site

i have had the app for ages. It may have been a corrupted update, so I did the suggested fix and now it is ok. I know up to this event now tv had crashed a lot and clash of clans had to have an optional update applied. Now TV no longer crashes. No more notifications

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe