Myscript Notes Mobile (WANTED)

ngiaquinto

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have taken a look at the Lenovo Android Tablet, the closest competitor to the Flyer (in my opinion). The most powerful feature is in the character recognition achieved through Myscript Notes Mobile. It is currently only available for oem. I love the Flyer's integration with Evermore but would love to have Myscript notes. I have started my campaign contacting the creator, Vision Objects ... I hope you join me. In the mean time if anyone knows of another character recognition note taking solution please share it with me.

Thanks

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have taken a look at the Lenovo Android Tablet, the closest competitor to the Flyer (in my opinion). The most powerful feature is in the character recognition achieved through Myscript Notes Mobile. It is currently only available for oem. I love the Flyer's integration with Evermore but would love to have Myscript notes. I have started my campaign contacting the creator, Vision Objects ... I hope you join me. In the mean time if anyone knows of another character recognition note taking solution please share it with me.

Thanks

Ah, so that's the application on the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. Now that I know it's not a Lenovo homebrew, I'd be happy to send a message to Vision Objects. Not holding my breath, though. If anything, I'll wait for someone to send me the apk from their Lenovo tab :p

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the app too.
I think we will have to wait for Honeycomb on the Flyer for this to work.

HTC Flyer / Tapatalk

Probably true. What we really need to do is contact HTC about releasing Honeycomb for the Flyer, and also mentioning that when they do, they should work out an agreement with Vision Objects to bundle MyScript with it.

asbenicio

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks
Well

As an enthusiast of HWR I searched a lot (and experienced as well).

MyScript is by far better.

While I'm waiting for the spread of MyScript, I'm using the free solution of Hanwang (look for the hanwang in Market).

Previously, I used Writepad, but the mechanism of recognition from Hanwang is best for me.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well

As an enthusiast of HWR I searched a lot (and experienced as well).

MyScript is by far better.

While I'm waiting for the spread of MyScript, I'm using the free solution of Hanwang (look for the hanwang in Market).

Previously, I used Writepad, but the mechanism of recognition from Hanwang is best for me.

Maybe I'm just dumb today, but how do you get Hanwang working? I have it installed and running as my default input method, but I can't get it to accept input from me by either finger or pen (pen just brings up Scribble mode, as expected).

ngiaquinto

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I wrote HTC to determine if the Flyer would have this type of functionality when Honeycomb is released. This was the response:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the HTC Flyer tablet.

We are always looking into improving the performance of our devices and hope to take advantage of the unique possibilities the Pen has to offer. Any official information on updates or enhancements for current devices will be announced on our website. Unfortunately we do not have any current information on when and what a possible update for the Flyer will entail.

The best thing to do is check for official announcements for news/updates on current devices on our website at htc.com/us (U.S. portal). Of course you may also sign up for HTC Facebook and Twitter updates as well.

I will of course forward your suggestions regarding handwriting recognition and MyScript to the proper channels.

If you have any further questions, please contact HTC Technical Support @ 866-449-8358 6a-1a ET M-F 7 days a week.

Thank you for being a valued HTC customer.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11USCW32ENA001084.

Sincerely,

Bryan"

ngiaquinto

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just dumb today, but how do you get Hanwang working? I have it installed and running as my default input method, but I can't get it to accept input from me by either finger or pen (pen just brings up Scribble mode, as expected).
After installation, open Settings and Language and Input. Enable the Hanwang input option. Load your favorate notepad or any application with a text box. Press and hold inside the text box until you see an Input method option box appear and select Hanwang. :)

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After installation, open Settings and Language and Input. Enable the Hanwang input option. Load your favorate notepad or any application with a text box. Press and hold inside the text box until you see an Input method option box appear and select Hanwang. :)

Thanks. I eventually got it up and running, but realized that since it only accepts input from my fingertip, and not from the Flyer pen, it wasn't really what I was looking for - especially in the Notes app.

Still waiting to see if someone will sideload the MyScript Notes app, though I did notice that one of the comments on AC's review of the Lenovo ThinkPad said it was more cumbersome to switch pen styles, color options, etc. on MyScript than on the Flyer.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a ThinkPad on order and will let you know when it arrives. Some users have received their ThinkPad who ordered them from 3rd party distribution but Lenovo has not started shipping yet, but it is supposed to start any day.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

Lyta6523

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I received my Lenovo Tablet 3 days ago. While it has its quirks (and what doesn't) overall I am pleased.

I was looking forward to the MyScripts Mobile as a way to get away from typing so much. I have used the handwriting recognition unter Windows 7, which is very good. So, here are my thoughts:

MyScript is very easy to use and has a rather intuitive interface. There are few buttons and the conversion is fairly good.

Issues: It only works in portrait mode on the Lenovo Tablet and because of this (I am right-handed) the butt of my palm is constantly touching off the soft buttons at the bottom of the Lenovo screen, which is very irritating. Also, you can tell that by accidentally touching the soft buttons, the cpu time is being taken away from the recognition function and then it makes mistakes. I do have the palm rejection set for BOTH right and left hand to try to eliminate this - no joy. I am going to look for a way to make the soft buttons unusable while MyScript is up.

Also, despite the palm rejection being on, my hand registers characters on the screen. I need to find a way that it will only recognize input from the pen.

For whatever reason, the "line height" is grayed out in the settings. I have been told I have excellent penmanship, so I should be able to get more lines on the page.

Lastly, I am not a particularly fast writer, but this system seems to lose letters as you write, which obviously affects the recognition. I don't know if this is the way I am using the pen, if I have too many other apps open at the same time, etc. I need to experiment more.

Hope that helps. This is like all new things, in need of some TLC to become a mature product. I may try some of the other handwriting apps discussed here, and see if they work any better.

DaBooon

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

would you please give me a link (or upload) to try this application (myscript) ?

Please, the firm refuse selling it without lenovo tablet... i have bought it on windows and i am very happy of it... i wish i could use it on my android tablet...

Please...
Thank you very much.
Da.

stingharder

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
You can get the apk over at XDA. If you upgraded to HC it's easy to install and works well. As mentioned, it's difficult to change pen color, line thickness and such. It's really for taking notes, not for drawing like the HTC Notes app. But the handwriting recognition seems to work on my messy handwriting. And you can export the text to the HTC Note app as well.