N7 2013 4.3 issues streaming to TV with chromecast

taxiback

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the chromcast dongle but it seems that there are only a few ways to steam to the TV, 1. youtube, 2. Netflix...3.? 4?
I have read a few very vague posts about other dongles and other ways to view my N7 homepage...
Can someone elaborate? Do I need to wait for Google to sign deals with Hulu, and NBC and everyone else that has movie or video content?
A what about viewing web browsing? I like watching Colbert from the app but It does not seem to have steam capabilities.
I recently switched to Dolphin to get around the Flash issue. Works great.
Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the chromcast dongle but it seems that there are only a few ways to steam to the TV, 1. youtube, 2. Netflix...3.? 4?
I have read a few very vague posts about other dongles and other ways to view my N7 homepage...
Can someone elaborate? Do I need to wait for Google to sign deals with Hulu, and NBC and everyone else that has movie or video content?
A what about viewing web browsing? I like watching Colbert from the app but It does not seem to have steam capabilities.
I recently switched to Dolphin to get around the Flash issue. Works great.
Thanks.
In short, currently you can only cast from apps that support it. More apps are slowly being added but the floodgates probably won't open until Google releases the final SDK.

As to casting from a browser, it is only available from a Chrome browser on a PC, a MAC or actual Chrome device. You can't do it from a browser on the tablet.