Navigation Bar Not Centered After Latest Update

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
This is stupid annoying. Settings only gives me the option of placing the buttons on the left or right. Checked Goodlock but didn't see anything in there to center them. Saw others mention turning off the taskbar, but that option seems to be disabled in my settings. Any suggestions? Screenshot_20220918_092643_Settings.jpg

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I know some tablets allow you to swipe the navigation bar left or right to move the navigation keys left, center or right. Not sure if that works on Samsungs though.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You can get to the Taskbar settings from settings, display, navigation bar, and select taskbar at the bottom amongst other things.

Also, in navigation bar you can select left, right for taskbar. If taskbar is turned off you can also select centered.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
You can get to the Taskbar settings from settings, display, navigation bar, and select taskbar at the bottom amongst other things.

The screenshot in my post shows that I'm at the Taskbar settings.

Also, in navigation bar you can select left, right for taskbar. If taskbar is turned off you can also select centered.

I literally said in my post that I only have the option to select left or right. The problem is that I cannot turn off the taskbar. That is what I'm looking for help with.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Are you using a third-party launcher? The taskbar option gets disabled when a third-party launcher is set as default.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
With the introduction of task bar navigation buttons has to be moved to left or right. You can opt for gesture navigation which is much better.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The screenshot in my post shows that I'm at the Taskbar settings.

I literally said in my post that I only have the option to select left or right. The problem is that I cannot turn off the taskbar. That is what I'm looking for help with.

You need to literally tap on Navigation Bar and then look in the bottom section. In your uploaded image you are at display.

And if you turn off Taskbar you can center the buttons.
4b2e53923822c69dd25be23c7d53848c.jpg

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
And if you turn off Taskbar you can center the buttons.
4b2e53923822c69dd25be23c7d53848c.jpg

Ha. That was the trick I was not getting on the tablet. If you turn off the taskbar, then, yes, it gives you again the option to center the buttons. Good catch. I saw nothing that hinted that could be.

I thought the taskbar was actually kind of cool when I first saw it, but I've yet to use it for anything. At the moment, I think I would rather have my centered buttons back. It is too bad that I have to choose, though, because I would really like to keep playing with the taskbar a little more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames