Need advice....parties on other end say I'm breaking up.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think my 6 month old S6 has a problem. Callers claim I am breaking up and they can hardly hear me. I have had several different people in different settings and situations tell me the same thing. On the other hand, I can hear them perfectly fine, no breaking up when listening. It isn't a reception problem. So....could it be my microphone? Or any ideas what it might be? I am thinking of taking it to a repair shop but would like to get some advice first.

I don't know if this would be under warranty or not. Even if it is I am not sure I would want a "refurbished" phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Might be the microphone or the phone's settings (or even your carrier, especially if you're on WiFi Calling). So let's try a few things to narrow it down.

1) Place a call and if you're breaking up on the other side, switch to speaker mode. Are you still breaking up? If you are, it's unlikely the microphone is the problem as the speakerphone uses a different microphone .

2) Do you have a case installed? Try placing the call without it. Does it improve? In the past I've heard of some cases causing issues with the microphone and the noise-cancelling features of the phone, especially when on speakerphone.

3) Check if under you phone you have any special voice processing settings (these will be carrier-dependent, so you might not have any). Try turning those off.

4) Last, but not least, try turning your phone on in Safe Mode and place a call. Does it improve? If so, it's an app on your phone that's causing the problem when not in Safe Mode.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I am on Verizon if that makes any difference. I have been researching my problem a little bit since I posted and its seems a factory reset can resolve this problem in many cases. I guess that is worth a try.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo