Need Advice

cmmorgan32

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I have an LG G2 on the T-mobile network that I'm considering replacing. I've looked primarily at the Samsung and LG models that have come out in 2017 and so far in 2018, but nothing has really stuck out to me so far. At the moment, I would say I use my phone for occasional web browsing/e-mail usage, moderated video streaming, & occasional to moderate music (if that helps).

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for phones I should look at. Right now I'm currently open to any/all ideas. While I'm not opposed to buying a flagship phone, I want to make sure that I'm making a worthwhile investment whenever I finally replace my G2.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend the LG V30 for you. It has a good camera, it's a solid phone, AND it has an advanced DAC. That is it's VERY good at music. Nice high res screen too, which is excellent for streaming media, such as YouTube and Netflix.

Mezzanine7

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site
Ah, the LG g2, one of the best phones to ever come out IMHO. I loved mine, still have it the screen just quit responding.

I agree with the above post. An LG v30 would be good or if you want to go a cheaper option you could go with the V10 or V20. Those are excellent choices also

cmmorgan32

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I completely agree about the G2 being one of the best phones to ever come out. I've been looking into the v30 and the Galaxy s9 (since Best Buy has them on sale), but I'll certainly take some time to look at one plus and huawei phones too.

cmmorgan32

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I've definitely been leaning towards the V30 over phones like the G7 and S9/S9+ for some of the reasons mentioned as well as the larger battery life.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah, the LG g2, one of the best phones to ever come out IMHO. I loved mine, still have it the screen just quit responding.

I agree with the above post. An LG v30 would be good or if you want to go a cheaper option you could go with the V10 or V20. Those are excellent choices also

I agree, the V20 is still a really good phone, still has a replaceable battery and can be found in really good condition for just about or under $200. I still have mine and a couple of spare batteries.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The LG G2! I loved that phone. I ended up getting an LG G3 which I also loved! Have you considered the LG G7 ThinQ? It's a great phone for audio/streaming use; and it'll have the LG Skin and the software that you are used to.

Edit: I see that you are steering away from the G7. You've heard reports of bad battery life? I was actually planning on buying the V30 in April - that's a great phone for audio use as well. And I personally think the display is great for things like gaming and/or watching shows.

Keep us posted!

cmmorgan32

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
The LG G2! I loved that phone. I ended up getting an LG G3 which I also loved! Have you considered the LG G7 ThinQ? It's a great phone for audio/streaming use; and it'll have the LG Skin and the software that you are used to.

Edit: I see that you are steering away from the G7. You've heard reports of bad battery life? I was actually planning on buying the V30 in April - that's a great phone for audio use as well. And I personally think the display is great for things like gaming and/or watching shows.

Keep us posted!

As of right now, I've given the V30 the slight edge due to the larger battery life & the more favorable reviews I've seen so far. The mixed reviews I've seen the G7 get so far (battery life & screen bleed being the most common issues) have made me a little hesitant in buying the phone (at least at anything close to the retail price). I could certainly see myself buying a G7 if there's a worthwhile deal out there.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
As of right now, I've given the V30 the slight edge due to the larger battery life & the more favorable reviews I've seen so far. The mixed reviews I've seen the G7 get so far (battery life & screen bleed being the most common issues) have made me a little hesitant in buying the phone (at least at anything close to the retail price). I could certainly see myself buying a G7 if there's a worthwhile deal out there.

Keep an eye out on Swappa or eBay (with their coupon codes and eBates).
You might get a perfect condition V30 for about $280 or so. If I had only known - I sold mine for $280 about 4 weeks back.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

The V30 is definitely an excellent choice. I highly recommend it! My fiancé just picked up the G7 ThinQ last week and is really loving it! His battery life is great thus far.

I was close to getting the V30 in the spring. I feel like if I got it, I would've been happy with it. With it being back to school season and all, I'm sure you'll be able to find a good deal on whichever phone you decide!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy