Need help with Note 2 battery!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
15 hours, 45 minutes today with 3 hours, 30 minutes screen on time! Still have 27 percent remaining!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
15 hours, 45 minutes today with 3 hours, 30 minutes screen on time! Still have 27 percent remaining!

3 days 19 hours and 27 minutes with 6 hrs screen time. Still at 40%. Love my extended battery :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
3 days 19 hours and 27 minutes with 6 hrs screen time. Still at 40%. Love my extended battery :)

Extended battery? Hmm... Tomorrow, I switch off power saving and full throttle for the day. Had power saving on the last couple days

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Extended battery? Hmm... Tomorrow, I switch off power saving and full throttle for the day. Had power saving on the last couple days

Zero lemon 9300 mah. 45 dollars on amazon. Money well spent. 4 to 5 days without chargind is nice. And im in an atrocious signal area. This battery is exactly triple the size of the stock battery

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
To all those with battery issues. Ive had this phone for 1 year and 1 month. A few lessons on battery life to get you through it all.
1. 99% chance it is an app or OS function that is draining your battery and nothing is wrong.
2. Google plus and google now, atleast for me are the devil. They are constantly requesting background location data inorder to give me unrequested data.
3. Settings...wifi...menubutton...advanced. toggle option keep wifi on during sleep to only when plugged in. Sleep does not take place as soon as the screen turns off. If app such as the playstore is currently downloading then it will continue with the screen off. Once everything is finished in the background then sleep occurs and wifi turns off.
4. Depending on your carrier there is a long numerical code that can be entered into the dialer that will enter you into a test mode. In this mode there is many built in options than can test every aspect and reports current status...battery is one such test.
5. I see alot of screens here that are showin screen time with android os and other android functions. If you touch these apps you are presented with many functions of the os that are currently in use. Some are easy to understand others are not if any pop out at you is something you want to know more about google it. You will learn alot.
6. Auto sync is the devil. Make sure that your pictures and videos are not to autosync to their individual apps unless on wifi and plugged I .

5 years as an iphone lover this was my first android. Lots to love, you just need to get to know the quirks of an OS that gives the user total control. On average I get 1.3 days on single charge. I still charge everynight though cuz you just never know.

Ill be editting this post to submit more info shortly.
Here is the code list link. Along with pictures of what is provided in test mode. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1520115
Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info jdub! I think my main issue was signal and that my phone was trying to get to LTE in an area at work where that wasn't possible! As side load of phone info allowed me to toggle that off and problem solved! For the last 2 days I've gone from early morning to bed time on a single, overnight while powered off charge! I do use auto-sync. Can you confirm if any of those codes work for verizon? I've tried some before came away with nothing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No I cant confirm or deny anything for verizon as I use ATT. However it easy to test, start at the top of the list open the dialer and input the code upon pressing the last digit if the code works you be automatically taken to the test menu or whatever the code relates to. Becareful though, if you get to a page with random clickable/changeable settings be cautios because changing something here can jack your phone up.

Side note. One of these codes will take you to a menu that lets you legitimately unlock your phone for other carriers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

morph000

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. I tested mine last night. 100% charge and stopped using it at 9pm. I also have Nights Keeper installed which shuts down non essentials except GPS (which it can't control, nor can anything else BTW). Checked it at 9am when Nights Keeper switches off, and battery was down to 93%. Not bad for 12 hours eh !
I also run reduced screen brightness, 15 sec turn off when inactive, disable unwanted email syncing and other dross..