Need updated answers to common LG Elite questions

Savannah Muire

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Hey,

I have been going through this thread to see if I could get some of the things on my VM Elite fixed/changed and there seems to be no concrete answers or solutions to any of the issues. I have a few of them, and would desperately appreciate any and all help you may be able to give. I am not computer/cell phone illiterate and most of what I know about computers and phones I've had to find out on my own, but I would definitely say I am NOT an expert AT ALL or that I have a complete grasp of what some of the tricks and hacks and such do. So, that being said here is a list of some of the issues I have:

1) Cannot move apps (or hardly anything from what I can tell) to the Micro SD card. I have a 16gb* and a 32gb and I want to store my free apps onto it so that the phone doesn't get bogged down when the memory gets too full. I do like the phone and would like to refrain from having to buy a new phone over a storage space matter. I can't get mah netflix and mah candy crush and mah books to work together. I find I am always having to delete something to use something else because 'storage space is too low', and then I get pissed when I don't have it when I need/want it. :confused: (*currently using for my phone) And when the storage space gets too low the phone runs hot and drains my po dunk battery.

2) The ghor ram shutter sound on the camera is a buzz kill if I am trying to take a sneak photo. It is aggravating to have a shutter sound go off whenever I don't want it to. I understand you can root the phone down and then replace the stock app with a better one, but that leads to a whole host of other questions about rooting and hacking and blah blah blah. Is the risk really worth it for a shutter sound? (... i kind of don't think so)

3) Music features in the standard music player also suck. I know I could download another app, but seriously, why keep downloading other apps to make up for the lack in apps I cannot delete? :-\

If rooting seems like the best option in order to increase functionality, what is the best way for a baby noob to go about it? Like I said I am not entirely out of the loop when it comes to SuperUser functions, -I did used to own a Dell POS once upon a time, but in order to maintain functionality and decrease the risk of my fouling up my one and only cell phone, how would I do that and where is a good place to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

ya'll rock.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Hey,

I have been going through this thread to see if I could get some of the things on my VM Elite fixed/changed and there seems to be no concrete answers or solutions to any of the issues. I have a few of them, and would desperately appreciate any and all help you may be able to give. I am not computer/cell phone illiterate and most of what I know about computers and phones I've had to find out on my own, but I would definitely say I am NOT an expert AT ALL or that I have a complete grasp of what some of the tricks and hacks and such do. So, that being said here is a list of some of the issues I have:

1) Cannot move apps (or hardly anything from what I can tell) to the Micro SD card. I have a 16gb* and a 32gb and I want to store my free apps onto it so that the phone doesn't get bogged down when the memory gets too full. I do like the phone and would like to refrain from having to buy a new phone over a storage space matter. I can't get mah netflix and mah candy crush and mah books to work together. I find I am always having to delete something to use something else because 'storage space is too low', and then I get pissed when I don't have it when I need/want it. :confused: (*currently using for my phone) And when the storage space gets too low the phone runs hot and drains my po dunk battery.

2) The ghor ram shutter sound on the camera is a buzz kill if I am trying to take a sneak photo. It is aggravating to have a shutter sound go off whenever I don't want it to. I understand you can root the phone down and then replace the stock app with a better one, but that leads to a whole host of other questions about rooting and hacking and blah blah blah. Is the risk really worth it for a shutter sound? (... i kind of don't think so)

3) Music features in the standard music player also suck. I know I could download another app, but seriously, why keep downloading other apps to make up for the lack in apps I cannot delete? :-\

If rooting seems like the best option in order to increase functionality, what is the best way for a baby noob to go about it? Like I said I am not entirely out of the loop when it comes to SuperUser functions, -I did used to own a Dell POS once upon a time, but in order to maintain functionality and decrease the risk of my fouling up my one and only cell phone, how would I do that and where is a good place to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

ya'll rock.

Welcome to the forums.
1. Support for moving apps to the SD card began to phase out in Android 4.0. Even when there was support for it, that feature, along with what data could get transferred to the Sd card, and how much was dictated by the developer. I would look this over for more storage space clearing: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

2. Root may be the only way to remove the shutter sound. Reason being is that a silenced shutter is illegal in some countries.

3. I would suggest PowerAmp. Yes it is downloading another app. But as for deleting apps, have you at least uninstalled updates to ones you don't use and disabled them?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/325138-guide-how-disable-apps.html

As for rooting, I would suggest YouTube, and search how to root <your device model number>.

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I am not sure that rooting will will fix your issues on the Optimus Elite. I still have not rooted mine. This device is near obsolete in the rooting community and the developers have moved onto other projects, so support is not readily available. I consider myself fairly technical, and even I managed to mess up the rooting of my prior phone. In spite of the good intentions of forum members, the problem was never resolved. My advice:

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WHEN YOU ROOT YOUR PHONE AND BE SURE THAT ROOTING WILL RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES.

In spite the encouragement you will get on forums like this about how easy and great rooting is, you will have to pay more attention as to what is going on with your phone to keep it "stable," and you will have to depend on random forum posters or a quickly-disinterested developer to help solve problems that rooting may cause.

As to the shutter sound issue, you will have to root the phone and hope a developer has a ROM that will silence the camera. My feelings on the shutter sound is that I LIKE that it has to make a noise. Do you want someone snapping close up shots of you or a loved one without you hearing that sound? It's a two-way street.

Let us know how it works out and Good Luck!

Last edited: