netflix updates

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I did some searching and found statements from netflix from November saying some devices should be getting a netflix app soon. has anyone found any information giving a better idea of when and if so is it looking like the inc has a shot at getting an app

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
REALLY?.......wow that would suck...is the DINC running froyo?.....
Because of the lack of DRM in Android, Netflix will not be a market app. They said they would work with individual manufacturers to get the app on the phones. Personally, the DInc is just too for me to even consider watching Netflix on. A Youtube video here or there is fine, but I'd go crazy watching a 90 minute movie on a screen that size.

And yes, the DInc is on Froyo.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention the most likely way for them to offer streaming movies will be on LTE and probably LTE only. I have a hard time believing that 3G video streams will only lightly impact network bandwidth thus being restricted to LTE only.

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention the most likely way for them to offer streaming movies will be on LTE and probably LTE only. I have a hard time believing that 3G video streams will only lightly impact network bandwidth thus being restricted to LTE only.

The iphone already allows streaming Netflix, and its only 3G. So I think its more a DRM issue than a bandwith issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny