New iPhone 7 sale

direfan

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

To extend my contract, I ordered 2 brand new iPhones from Verizon. Since I can't use it on my own number and because I want to wait for the iPhone 8, I am going to sell them. Is there anything I need to do befor e putting them up for sale. I know not to sell them with the SIM card, but is that all I need to do. Will it be locked to Verizon? I seemd to remember reading somewhere, that they have to be first activated on the Verizon network before they can be used on any other network. Should I only sell it as a Verizon phone?

Also, is Swappa the best way to sell the phone?

Thanks
D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

To extend my contract, I ordered 2 brand new iPhones from Verizon. Since I can't use it on my own number and because I want to wait for the iPhone 8, I am going to sell them. Is there anything I need to do befor e putting them up for sale. I know not to sell them with the SIM card, but is that all I need to do. Will it be locked to Verizon? I seemd to remember reading somewhere, that they have to be first activated on the Verizon network before they can be used on any other network. Should I only sell it as a Verizon phone?

Thanks
D

Verizon phones aren't SIM-locked.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks
D

where did you order them from? I thought it was no longer possible to order smartphones and extend contracts?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phones aren't SIM-locked.

This, but do they ever have different band support? I remember this was an issue back in the day but I am unsure if it's changed.

To the OP, I sold my Nexus 6P on Swappa and the experience was great. Highly recommended.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This, but do they ever have different band support? I remember this was an issue back in the day but I am unsure if it's changed.

To the OP, I sold my Nexus 6P on Swappa and the experience was great. Highly recommended.

Depends on the phone. Usually missing an odd band for AT&T or T-Mobile.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

iPhone 7 is OK. Some previous iPhones missed some bands. And carrier Androids usually just support Verizon LTE,leaving it other bands

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you should be good to go should you decide to switch carriers later
I believe I'm joining the red devil tomorrow :p. She'll like the free part of the iPhone deal (mostly I'm sure she'll pay a all difference for having the 128 GB versus 32 GB).