New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
1 x 8gb
Play Store Status : complete
Wallet status : order sent to Google Nov 13.
Limbo status : yes
Backorder email : no

JUST GOT A TRACKING NUMBER! Wallet says "shipped November 19", Play Store says "Date: November 20", UPS tracking isn't updated yet.
They just may get this to me tomorrow:D:D:D:D

DarenTx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone requesting a refund of the shipping due to the delay?

Their website claims orders will ship within 2 days of placing your order and they use 2-day shipping. So, the latest you should get your phone is today.

So, they are a day or two off on their shipping estimate for people who aren't back ordered. I think that is acceptable considering we all tried to buy a hugely popular phone seconds after it was released. I would expect that would take a day or two extra to ship out that many phones. For those who are back ordered, including me, back orders happen. I'm just glad to have gotten an order through before they stopped accepting orders entirely.

I see a lot of angst on this thread. I'm anxious for my phone too. Google has room for improvement (pre-orders would be a good start). But I really think they have done a decent job. I'm sure I'm alone in this opinion though.

central5

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Their website claims orders will ship within 2 days of placing your order and they use 2-day shipping. So, the latest you should get your phone is today.

So, they are a day or two off on their shipping estimate for people who aren't back ordered. I think that is acceptable considering we all tried to buy a hugely popular phone seconds after it was released. I would expect that would take a day or two extra to ship out that many phones. For those who are back ordered, including me, back orders happen. I'm just glad to have gotten an order through before they stopped accepting orders entirely.

I see a lot of angst on this thread. I'm anxious for my phone too. Google has room for improvement (pre-orders would be a good start). But I really think they have done a decent job. I'm sure I'm alone in this opinion though.

You're not alone at all. I'm just curious about the feedback here. Still happy overall with the process.

Paulo82

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
THANK JESUS!!!

I just got an email about 30 minutes ago (10:20pm EST) saying that my order has been shipped.
Order date: Nov 13, 2012 8:37:47 AM PST
1 NEXUS 4 16gb without the bumper
Im located in Raleigh NC

And I had received the backorder email last Friday... so some hope for everyone!!! ;)

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not alone at all. I'm glad I got my credit card in as well and reserved mine before shutting out for good. Unfortunately, I think mine will arrive middle of next week when I'm on vacation. I really wanted a GSM phone before I left.

GopherDroid

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a 16gb Nexus 4 at 12:17:05 PM PST 11/13
Ordered a bumper at 5:40:47 AM PST 11/14
Received back order email (I think for N4, not for bumper, but not clear) at 11:26 AM PST 11/15
Play store shipping estimate for N4: 11/15 the entire time
Play store shipping estimate for bumper: 11/16 the entire time
Play store order/update dates for both N4 and bumper updated to 11/17 and then 11/19
No tracking email.
Called CSR curious to see what they'd say. Said I should expect the phone tomorrow -- taking that with a bunch of salt.

Last edited:

DarenTx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
THANK JESUS!!!

I just got an email about 30 minutes ago (10:20pm EST) saying that my order has been shipped.
Order date: Nov 13, 2012 8:37:47 AM PST
1 NEXUS 4 16gb without the bumper
Im located in Raleigh NC

And I had received the backorder email last Friday... so some hope for everyone!!! ;)

I think you are the first person to get a shipping notice who also got a backorder email. Unfortunately for me, my order was about 4 hours after yours.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone requesting a refund of the shipping due to the delay?

If you get the phone tomorrow, it won't be late.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything Google put out said "delivery in 3-5 business days", which ends tomorrow.

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just coming in waves mostly based on time ordered. I do not think the fun is done tonight since as of 2 minutes ago CSRs were still stating tracking emails were still going to be coming through tonight.

I guess the fun is done for tonight? No more tracking e-mails? :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene