New Note 9 Crash/swipe out of blue??!

Kp98005

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
I had a strange situation a few days ago, when trying on a new case at the T Mobile store, when putting the case on my new NOTE 9 completely shut down and erased everything! Has anyone seen this? Seems odd to me and also to the folks at T Mobile, they ended up swapping my unit out with a few one....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yikes.:confused: I have heard of phones doing spontaneous factory resets, but fortunately have never experienced it myself. It's presumably due to some catastrophic glitch in the firmware or hardware.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me (or similar) on my S8+ a couple times when I was taking the case on and off. Turned out, when I replaced the case, it was upside down and caused the case to press the side buttons.!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me (or similar) on my S8+ a couple times when I was taking the case on and off. Turned out, when I replaced the case, it was upside down and caused the case to press the side buttons.!

I was gonna say, sounds like the case was pressing the perfect combination of buttons.

Kp98005

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
yeah this is kinda scary honestly, if the phone can reset simply like this, iPhone certainly does not do this.... very disappointing!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I can see how that can happen, but it still shouldn't lead to a factory reset. It would have had to go to Recovery Mode, and then Wipe Data/Factory Reset would have to be selected -- hard to do with random button presses. (I'm also not aware of Samsung or any other Android phones having a button press combination that directly leads to a factory reset -- that'd be a pretty terrible design choice.;))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582