New Phone (M7) after refresh!

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I posted about this in another thread but just had to let everyone know in case you didn't see it buried in the other thread.

My phone is now acting like a brand new phone! After months of terrible battery life, poor charging, constantly carrying around an external battery due to it's tendency to go postal on me and turn into a pocket heater and drain its battery in about 30 minutes my phone is now working fantastic!

My AT&T 64GB M7 updated to the new Lollipop software and I was hoping it would be better, but no, the same problems were happening. So I did a factory reset of the phone. Wiped it and started over. During that process it seemed to go out and get new/updated software similar to the update when Lollipop came down. The restore process went okay. Google app store asked me what apps I had previously installed I would like to reinstall so it was pretty painless. My contacts came back but I did loose my text messages. I wasn't concerned about that at all.

So now after doing that my phone charges like a champ, never (I mean never) gets hot, and the battery will last me almost all day. I use my phone constantly too. So that is a major accomplishment for this year and a half old battery!

Totally different phone. I was convinced I was going to have to get a new phone but now it feels like I have one!

So, trust me, if you are having battery problems DO A RESET!

Scott

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Scott.

After hearing not so glowing reviews for the M9 and S6, I am planning on resetting mine and my wifes M7 before biting the bullet with another 2 years with Sprint with a new device. I guess I'd have to move all pics/vids off etc and was hoping to save my text log but have to figure out how to do that yet.

in the "backup" section in the settings area, I have the phone backing up to my google account. I was hoping this would restore all my apps (including my PAID for apps). Glad to hear it did.

jckatz

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar experience lasted about two weeks.. Then went back to toasting marshmallows on my case.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You should always do a factory reset after a major OS update as doing that will clear out the junk left behind from the previous OS. But a reset can also restore the phone when it's acting up and you can't find the reason why.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience lasted about two weeks.. Then went back to toasting marshmallows on my case.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I've been very careful about what I re-install on my phone. I've not loaded it up with a lot of the garbage apps I had previously.

It's been over a week now and it is still doing great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86