new symbol not sure what it means

Golatac

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a new symbol pop up on my phone just to the left of my WiFi symbol. It like a no smoking sign circle with a line through it. Anybody know what this is and how to get rid of it?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
You're on Lollipop, correct? This is the new priority notifications control. Press your volume button either way. There's a bell/vibration toggle, as well as a None-Priority-All choice. When you have None selected, you get that symbol (have you noticed you're not getting any notifications since that symbol lit up?). On priority, you get a star. With All, there is no icon. Settings-notifications will let you mess with your priorities.

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll take a guess that it's telling you you've set alerts/notifications to None. Press your Volume button and just below the volume bar will be NONE, PRIORITY, and ALL. Select ALL to get it back to receiving all notifications. Priority gives you just the notifications/events you set in Settings. None give you nothing. Not even alarms.

EDIT: KCAndroid1 beat me by two minutes.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll take a guess that it's telling you you've set alerts/notifications to None. Press your Volume button and just below the volume bar will be NONE, PRIORITY, and ALL. Select ALL to get it back to receiving all notifications. Priority gives you just the notifications/events you set in Settings. None give you nothing. Not even alarms.

EDIT: KCAndroid1 beat me by two minutes.

But you have a much better profile picture.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CR5