New to Charge, have questions

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I just upgraded to the Charge from my Fascinate, which I had for about ten months. I am completely comfortable with Odin, CWM, etc, but have some quick questions about the Charge. It seems that rooting etc on this phone is somewhat different than it was on the Fasc.. Does anyone (I know this is obnoxious) have a clearcut guide to which CWM I need on this phone, which version of Odin, and how I go about getting root etc? Also, I want a nice clean and simple rom. I want the bloatware removed, and no image burn from a battery charged icon etc (if that even happens on this phone). There seem to be a million roms for this phone already so any recommendations would be great!

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the links! It seems that a lot of people run into bricking their phone, and have one heck of a time getting it back. Would you say it's riskier than it was with the Fascinate? I don't want to try anything until I have the correct files etc that I need to completely restore my phone, which also seem rather scattered around due to the mass amount of threads started. Is there a particularly easy way to restore your phone to stock if it bricks?

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Former fascinate owner here i would have to say the only difference is booting into CWM and some other important procedures for odin. Such as reinserting the battery back into the phone before pressing PDA since the computers USB doesnt provide enough juice for some flashes i never had to do this for the fascinate. But follow those links Chris2183 provided and you will be in good hands, never hurts to double check for corrupted .tar files, options checked under ODIN, etc so everything goes smoothly.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the links! It seems that a lot of people run into bricking their phone, and have one heck of a time getting it back. Would you say it's riskier than it was with the Fascinate? I don't want to try anything until I have the correct files etc that I need to completely restore my phone, which also seem rather scattered around due to the mass amount of threads started. Is there a particularly easy way to restore your phone to stock if it bricks?

I never owned a Fascinate (wife had one but I never touched it). For me rooting the Charge was fairly easy with Chadness' instructions. I actually spent more time reading them thoroughly than I did actually rooting the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazzwhistle