New Yahoo Cal Sucks. Recommend a Calendar app that will sync ?

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I had been using Yahoo cal as a bookmark on my Htc Evo and entering appointments directly into the yahoo website. I would like a Calendar app on the phone, so that I can add appointments on the phone, then later sync the phone calendar with a web calendar.

Yahoo Calendar on phone went from quick and simple, to slow and complicated.

The Goog calendar only shows 1am to 5am on my phone, and can't figure out how to scroll, to get the phone to display anything other that 1am to 5am.

So, the new Yahoo cal, and the silly goog cal are pointless

I would like to have a Calendar App on phone that I can acess when I have a client on the line so that I can enter an appointment without having to lose the call. Later, after I complete the call, I can sync the phone cal with the goog or yahoo calendar.

Can someone recommend a nice, clear, and simple calendar app on phone that will sync with a web calendar ?

Thanks

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I had been using Yahoo cal as a bookmark on my Htc Evo and entering appointments directly into the yahoo website. I would like a Calendar app on the phone, so that I can add appointments on the phone, then later sync the phone calendar with a web calendar.

Yahoo Calendar on phone went from quick and simple, to slow and complicated.

The Goog calendar only shows 1am to 5am on my phone, and can't figure out how to scroll, to get the phone to display anything other that 1am to 5am.

So, the new Yahoo cal, and the silly goog cal are pointless

I would like to have a Calendar App on phone that I can acess when I have a client on the line so that I can enter an appointment without having to lose the call. Later, after I complete the call, I can sync the phone cal with the goog or yahoo calendar.

Can someone recommend a nice, clear, and simple calendar app on phone that will sync with a web calendar ?

Thanks

Use the standard HTC calendar. It syncs up with the Google one. Use a computer to enter lots of appointments, and for 5-6 a day, use the stock calendar. That's what I do.

wheelah

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Try Jorte. It's a pretty full-featured app that plays nicely with Google Calendar. I also have an EVO, but haven't experienced the troubles you're having with the built-in HTC calendar syncing with Google. It's been flawless for me and what I keep falling back to.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try Jorte. It's a pretty full-featured app that plays nicely with Google Calendar. I also have an EVO, but haven't experienced the troubles you're having with the built-in HTC calendar syncing with Google. It's been flawless for me and what I keep falling back to.

He's not having a problem with the HTC Calendar, he's having a problem while trying to use a Yahoo! Calendar. And then he tries to open the google calendar (from the google website) on his phone to enter appointments instead of using the HTC app. I'm really not getting it. And then Yahoo! won't sync up with Google...(of course it won't)

Last edited:

lager1829

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well if you go with a Google calendar on the web and want a great app on the EVO to sync with the web calendar, take a look at Business Calendar. It's five bucks but the best calendar I have seen for android. When I got the EVO, I stopped using the Yahoo! Calendar, and imported Yahoo! calendar data to Gmail and never looked back. Did the same with my contacts.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I came to the EVO from a Palm Pre and the best calendar app I've found and the one that looks the most like the Pre calendar and the google calendar online is Calengoo, the month view looks the most like the google calendar online, that's if you want to sync to a google calendar, or multiple calendars like i do....

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Well if you go with a Google calendar on the web and want a great app on the EVO to sync with the web calendar, take a look at Business Calendar. It's five bucks but the best calendar I have seen for android. When I got the EVO, I stopped using the Yahoo! Calendar, and imported Yahoo! calendar data to Gmail and never looked back. Did the same with my contacts.

Looked at the different calendars, and Business Calendar it is. Used Market on my Evo, $5.61. Thanks for the help.

zilexa

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You can keep using Yahoo Calendar, simply install "Calendar (Caldav) Sync" from the Market (search for caldav, it's free) or go to hypermatix.com. This app synchronises Yahoo Calendar with Google Calendar.

Since Android devices use Google Calendar by default, you can now use any app like Business Calendar, HTC Calendar or whatever to access your Yahoo calendar data on your Android device, because it will be two-way synced with Google Calendar.
If you add/modify/delete anything in Yahoo Calendar, it will appear on your Android device and vice versa.

It's not perfect yet though: reoccurring events and multiple-day events are ignored. The app is still in Beta (has been for months without update).

Shame on you Yahoo! This way you are just pushing people to Google alternatives. So pathetic you need a 3rd party app to get little support. Yahoo has a very nice online calendar for the desktop but still no support for mobile devices. The mobile website is hardly a solution.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

+1 I love Business Calendar. All I'm waiting on is a transparent widget.