tankerray

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The new infinity 700 came today. What is the first thing I should do? What shouldn't I do? Admittedly, I am not too tech savvy and would like to get your advise on the best ways to set up a new machine. I appreciate your wisdom and experience in these matters. Thanks.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The new infinity 700 came today. What is the first thing I should do? What shouldn't I do? Admittedly, I am not too tech savvy and would like to get your advise on the best ways to set up a new machine. I appreciate your wisdom and experience in these matters. Thanks.

Welcome to AC. :)

My advice for you, after turning it on and going through the relatively simple setup process, is just to explore. Press things, long-press (touch-and-hold) things, swipe things, open the Play Store and install apps, just to see what it does. Exploring without fear is by far the fastest and most fun way to figure out how navigation, interaction, input, and multi-tasking works on Android. Basically: don't be afraid of not being too tech-savvy. Android phones and tablets tend to have a slightly higher learning curve than other phone and tablet systems out there, but don't let that hold you back at all. While you're exploring, start to make it 'yours' a bit. Download a nice wallpaper or two for your homescreen's background, install some apps from the Play Store as I mentioned, and make it work well for you.

One of the bonuses of Android is that if you really don't like something about the Android experience, it's a safe bet there's a way to change it so it works how you like. I'm sure the other Transformer Pad users will have some more specific advice for you.

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I would really suggest that you read the manual. So often people don't get the benefit of the features of the tablet simply because they didn't bother to read the user manual. Once you're comfortable, it will probably benefit you to update the operating system. As far as I know, the 700 is still shipping with Ice Cream Sandwich. Upgrading to Jelly Bean is quite simple and improves the experience. Personally, I like to run my tablet in "Performance" mode as opposed to "Balanced" mode since I find things run faster and smoother, although this uses more battery power. But that hasn't been an issue for me. I don't know if you have the keyboard/dock also, but it has some additional features, especially having the additional battery. Hope you enjoy your new tablet!

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Root it and put clean rom on it. Will avoid the return, and you'll love it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2