Newbie - Help needed! Cannot update S4

S4Man

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
A couple of days ago my S4 received a firmware/software update and asked me if I wanted to install it. Naturally I said yes but upon doing so, I receive a message saying:

"Software Update
Unable to install software update (1.22MB). Not enough space in device storage or SD card. Delete some items" with the only option to press being 'OK'.

Now, i've got around 3GB storage left on the device and about 21GB (from a 32GB card) free too. So i'm baffled as to why it's saying it cannot install a 1.22MB update due to no space left. This is my first android phone and i'm a pretty tech-savvy guy (it's my job) but this beats me!

Any help is muchos appreciated as this pops up to install round 10 times a day!

S4Man

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've never been able to get Kies to work since buying the device. I have a macbook pro and it's never worked when trying to pair with the phone.

AndroidTuttons

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with the kies app on my phone as well but worked fine when using the kies launcher I downloaded from samsung website

Posted via Android Central App

S4Man

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get Kies working now and it sees the phone, which is great.

What isn't great is that fact that the firmware download seems to be taking forever. I left it for an hour and came back to find it only at 8%. May have to leave it overnight tonight!