Nexus 4 on CDMA

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Will Google ever release a sprint (or Verison) Nexus 4? They are missing out on a very big market!

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Will Google ever release a sprint (or Verison) Nexus 4? They are missing out on a very big market!

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums
nope. not any time soon. they are not missing a lot. Gnexus was not a huge seller for verizon or sprint.

also they are avoiding a huge pain in the butt for missing a very big market.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think a Sprint version is very possible in the spring, but I honestly would not expect a Verizon version after the treatment the GNex got. It's more likely you'll see whatever Googlrola is cooking up with the so-called X Phone in Q4 2013.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google has gotten the attention of Ting so wouldn't be surprised if they create Nexus devices for Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

noxlord

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Sprint / Verizon are the only remaining CDMA networks in the world ... Even if they are a large market in the US, it make no sense to tend to them.

noxlord

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 mobile carriers in South Korea.

All tree of them already have a nationwide LTE coverage. Only one of them, the smallest, still relly on CDMA for voice calls since the other two carriers also have HSPA coverage.

noxlord

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
DoCoMo in japan I think is cdma

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, NTT DoCoMo is all HSPA and LTE.
au by KDDI does have a CDMA network but they also have an LTE network covering 98% of the population.
Japanese carriers also use weird frequencies and technologies.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope, NTT DoCoMo is all HSPA and LTE.
au by KDDI does have a CDMA network but they also have an LTE network covering 98% of the population.
Japanese carriers also use weird frequencies and technologies.

Thank you for the correction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2