Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mines on the frantic Nov. 27, I got confirmation email from Google, I went to check my bank account, the funds for the Nexus has been allocated, reserved. Just so happens I check my account this morning and the reserved fund has disappeared and reverted back to funds available, I wonder if Google cancelled my order. Does anyone knows what could have happened.

Do you not pay sales tax? What state do you live in?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

timothykim

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16gb Nexus 4 on the 27th at 2:37pm PST just got my shipping notice. My shipping estimate was 1 - 2 weeks (I believe right on the edge, site updated as soon as I checked out).
They originally charged me the full amount then, like many others, had the charge disappear from statement but now its back. Ordered from Washington state if region is a factor.
Received email stating item has shipped at 1:08am PST

slask

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wtf. 2-3 weekers getting shipping emails now?! This is absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Wtf. 2-3 weekers getting shipping emails now?! This is absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

I agree it's just ridiculous, and I'd be angry if I was a 1-2 week order and it hadn't shipped yet. Fortunately, I'm a 2-3 weeks person who just got my shipping notice, so I'm ludicrously ecstatic instead. :D

Thing342

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16gb Nexus 4 on the 27th at 2:37pm PST just got my shipping notice. My shipping estimate was 1 - 2 weeks (I believe right on the edge, site updated as soon as I checked out).
They originally charged me the full amount then, like many others, had the charge disappear from statement but now its back. Ordered from Washington state if region is a factor.
Received email stating item has shipped at 1:08am PST
I don't think you were close to the edge for 1-2 week shipping, as I ordered mine at 4 pm and got 1-2 weeks.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 5:33 pm EST. Got the 1-2 week window. Received shipping email 4:05 am EST on 12/5. Shipping limbo entered into 1:06 am PST. (Wife's phone)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

PiMaster314

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup I ordered on the 27th at ~6:00 PM EST and I got a shipping e-mail sometime early this morning. (Estimated 2-3 weeks shipping when I ordered.)

Let's see how long I'm in shipping limbo. :)

On the bright side it looks like the charge is showing up on my credit card again, though from what others are posting here that might not mean much at this point.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ordered Sept 27, 5:47 'EST, 2-3 week wait.

Received shipping this morning @ 4:02am

I'm not getting too excited until I see that's it's actually on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ch33kyDroiD

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
ohh nicee, i am also on the 2-3 week window but no e-mail :/ By any chance prior to your shipping notification did your pending charge vanish from your statement and re-appear when they sent you the shipping e-mail .

my info :
wallet order date = Order Date: November 27, 2012 3:56:16 PM UTC-8

e-mail send from google order date = Order date: Nov 27, 2012 6:56:16 PM EST

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah got my shipping email too. I was 1-2 weeks. Hopefully since this is in the time frame they said they would ship, this isn't a case of botched shipping labels.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to add to the complaining but I wanted to see if others have had this issue.

I ordered my phone on 11/27 and while I don't believe the time is relevant, for those that do it was processed at 3:13 EST.

On Saturday (1/1) at 6:33PM I got my tracking number so as of writing it that was basically 4ish days ago. According to Google though it was actually "shipped" on 11/30. That leads me to believe Google adds in some buffer time before saying it's shipped. Which explains why I got my Nexus 7 a day earlier than I was "suppose" to.

As of this AM. I'm still seeing "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." on the UPS site and have no tracking data at all.

I called Google last night and spoke to a very knowledgeable rep who was happy to help me out. After some research she came to the conclusion that the phone is probably sitting on a truck at the UPS facility waiting to be shipped out. She asked me to call back tonight if I still didn't see any movement and she would see what she could do.

That leads me to believe that there should be other phones on that truck too so I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten tracking information but not seen any activity for a few days.

I'm not overly worried about it. It's just a phone and Google is new to this. They have a bit to learn and while this process has been slightly painful for consumers who are anxious to get their new phone, I'm sure in the end mine and everyone else's issues will be worked out.

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The 1-2 weeks ones haven't shipped yet and google is already sending out shipping info to 2-3 weeks. I would get my hopes up too high just right now.

JPConsulting

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
2 nexus 4 (16g)
11/27/12, ~7:20pm, Massachusetts
2-3 weeks group
pending charge disappeared from BoA yesterday don't know exactly when. I am expecting at least an email from google next week.

using an iPhone 1g (I know), so for me it's a huge upgrade.

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a shipping notification when I checked email this morning. Of course, the tracking number is not yet registered with UPS and no transactions have shown up for the phones yet. So I'm calling shenanigans until it is posted to my account.

And if it has shipped (suspect), I was originally quoted a 4-5 week lead time by Google.