Nexus 5 battery draining real fast!!

Vicky Jones1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, please help!!

My nexus 5 battery is draining real fast like I'm only getting backup of 1 min per percent total of around 90 mins on full charge. I tried so many things to get this fixed but nothing worked, I tried to calibrate the battery, clearing the system cache ,app cache and on the top of these methods I installed a brand new battery but problem is still there same backup!! There is no information of this drainage in battery information page its just showing cell stand by which is 11%. Currently running marshmallow 6.0.1 .please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Vicky Jones1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is what you asked me for. This phone's battery is literally draining like hell!! I switched to carrier internet connection and turned off WiFi didn't use it for sometime but same old backup..

Attachments

• 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The high Cell Standby indicates poor cell signal, which can contribute significantly to battery drain (since the phone's cell radio has to work harder to maintain the signal). The Cellular Network Signal bar looks red when the battery level is dropping steeply, which supports this theory. Does the drain happen when you're in an area with good signal?

Vicky Jones1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I removed the sim card and stopped using WiFi as well, but still battery is draining like anything! and for that cell signal I was getting full signals at that time without any issues. I guess there is something wrong with the hardware. I installed like 10 roms but same backup in every rom.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It still shows high Cell Standby after removing the SIM card? What if you turn on Airplane Mode?

Vicky Jones1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Here is the ss of phone with airplane mode on. I used if for some time and yet battery is draining also it's showing cell network signal in Yellow!! Problem in hardware?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange that it still shows the cell signal strength bar when you have Airplane Mode on. In any case, I'm afraid I can't explain why the battery still drops so steeply. If you hadn't replaced the battery, I'd chalk it up to an old, degraded battery. Where did you get the replacement from? It's relatively unlikely, but still possible that the replacement battery might be a bad one.

Vicky Jones1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I purchased that replacement battery from a shop who is a verified dealer of LG, battery arrived in a LG original packing, I guess this phone is at that last stage of his life!! :( There is something wrong with the hardware I think. I tried another rom yesterday and now I'm getting a backup of 2 hours on full charge on full usage! I will keep it for clicking pictures :) camera is nice! Thank you for all your help B. Diddy :) I appreciate it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rimsha