Nexus 5 Battery with 5.0

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^It's approaching nine months old, and for most of its life the battery has been treated well. But of course you're right, that must make a difference....but can't account for the sudden drop in battery life post-Lollipop, an update which is also supposed to increase rather than decrease battery life.
I've experienced a reduction in SOT of late, not related to Lollipop, with my G3 as well, which is five months old.

Must keep things in perspective however....in the general scheme of things, phones are not important.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
^^^It's approaching nine months old, and for most of its life the battery has been treated well. But of course you're right, that must make a difference....but can't account for the sudden drop in battery life post-Lollipop, an update which is also supposed to increase rather than decrease battery life.
I've experienced a reduction in SOT of late, not related to Lollipop, with my G3 as well, which is five months old.

I am sure there are SOME changes in the updates that also affect things. For one, the screen brightness is totally different stuff than it used to be (since now you can control how bright the auto is).