Nexus 5 Is Great. Share Your Opinions.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Great device, I just hate the battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

In this day and age, it shouldn't be difficult to find a charge somewhere. (if you can tear yourself away from your phone for a little while) Such as lipstick sized portable chargers, car chargers, at work, etc.....

Personally, I can't even imagine running out of juice, and I don't even charge it during the day. What are people doing that they use all of the battery? Watching youtube videos all day? I just don't get it. I do most of my media consumption at home with my chromecast or computer. During the day I work, and you know, live? Maybe I'm just old and jaded, I don't know.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I too can get by the full day without needing to charge it...i guess its become some sort of standard to rate the battery longevity with on screen time. Also, by people living a lot of them im sure use their phones for business purposes...personally, i dont need to be using my phone throughout the day but many of my peers do, and since they're always moving would prefer to have a big battery rather than looking for charging. But you're right, there are many other available tools at our disposal if required.

When i look into a phone i consider performance, screen quality, size, camera and battery. So based on my assessments, battery is 1/5 of my total importance. Why you ask? Im not so sure anymore, i do have chargers where ever I am and have never been in a situation "OMG my phone is DYING!!", i usually prep in advance (i.e. if im gonna use phone as a GPS, bring my charging cable in the car). Battery measuring is more something we've been fixated to analyse.

Davulsukur

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Anyone who thinks the battery is poor on a nexus 5 needs to go and get a lumia 925. Honestly, I had to charge that thing twice a day for only moderate use.
No such worries with the Nexus 5 for me, in fact I get through a full day and night before it needs charging.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who thinks the battery is poor on a nexus 5 needs to go and get a lumia 925. Honestly, I had to charge that thing twice a day for only moderate use.
No such worries with the Nexus 5 for me, in fact I get through a full day and night before it needs charging.

I came from a Lumia 920 and 1020...yes definitely both has battery issues. However i think thats more related to the poor process handling of WP8, improved by 8.1 but still meh. 1020, brutal battery consumption if the camera was used at all. Of all 3 major OS's (iOS, Android, WP), WP is by far the worst regarding battery consumption aside from the super large 1520.

Davulsukur

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree it's really good one.But some times i am facing some problem that torch automatically off at the time camera not running.There are some news apps which are very useful for news-reading, those are Flipboard,Google Currents,Baconreader,LinkedIn Pulse and Pocket.
I really like Flipboard great app. Not tried the google one, might give it a look. Anyone got any good football (soccer to our American friends) widgets? A live score one would be awesome. I have the sky sports score centre app but as far as I can tell, there is no widget to go with it, although it does do good alerts/notifications.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I really like Flipboard great app. Not tried the google one, might give it a look. Anyone got any good football (soccer to our American friends) widgets? A live score one would be awesome. I have the sky sports score centre app but as far as I can tell, there is no widget to go with it, although it does do good alerts/notifications.
Never understood Flipboard. It looks like Newsstand but less efficient

Daniel Denson

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I really loved this phone on kitkat, HATE it on lollopop. Bettery life sucks, so many new bugs, not pleased at all. flashing to CM11 this afternoon to try to bring it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones