Nexus 6 Initial Setup

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how people will be setting theirs up when they get them and for those who already got them how did you set it up. As in did you copy over from a device the settings? Did you put the sim in initially or set it up without a sim first?

Also when do you plan on putting the case on and screen protectors on? As soon as you get it? Wait and play with it?

I will be putting the screen protector on it before I do anything with it. Then the case as I don't want to oil up the back. Then turn it on and start the setup. I have an AT&T sim so I will probably just go ahead and put that in for the setup. And I will use my N5 to copy my apps and stuff over. Excited to see how that works.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I started fresh on mine. Didn't bring any settings or apps over from my previous phone. No case or screen protector, haven't used either in years. I have my front left pocket as my "phone pocket" nothing else goes in there and it's kept my past few phones in excellent condition. I might grab a case just to have something on hand if I ever need some protection.

Love the phone so far.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about unlocking my bootloader first. I want to try the tap & transfer feature and see how well it works.