Nexus 6 Screen Issues ?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've noted a number of comments about people receiving N6s with bad screens. Could those who have had problems with the screen, especially those who are returning their phones, please leave a post here. I'd like to get an idea of how widespread the problem is.

If I new how to set up a poll, it would be interesting to see how many would say (1) they have received the phone and are having serious problems with the display; (2) they have received the phone and there are minor issues with the screen; or (3) they have received the phone and have no problems with the screen.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What problems have you seen reported? Or are you just referring to those that consider the screen too dim?

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
What problems have you seen reported? Or are you just referring to those that consider the screen too dim?

There's been a couple people on here who've mentioned screen flickering and also uneven color temperatures from top to bottom, I've actually been curious about this as well thanks for posting OP

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
There's been a couple people on here who've mentioned screen flickering and also uneven color temperatures from top to bottom, I've actually been curious about this as well thanks for posting OP

Ah ok. Haven't noticed any issues with my screen.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
There have been bad enough problems that they have called Play Store or Motorola and will be returning them, according to their report. One post said that a husband and wife had ordered one each and both were bad.

I guess I am just taking the posters' word for it that this is what happened.I suppose, if they wanted to, those who have received phones with defective screens could post here and also include a photo of the N6. Even if the problem with the screen isn't visible in the photo, at least it would confirm that it was a legitimate owner of a N6.

That's why it would be nice if there could be a poll added to this, as I mentioned above. If I read about 3 or 4 instances randomly, I start to worry about quality control. However, if a poll indicated 100 people without problems versus 3 or 4 with, that would be a totally different story.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
ilife, Maybe not too bad, but I don't think anyone would find that acceptable on a new phone. Have you heard from Motorola yet?

Derrick Carson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
"One post said that a husband and wife had ordered one each and both were bad. " (I think this was in reference to my posts but there is no wife it should say a husband and husband had ordered one each and both were bad)

Here is my husbands screen issue. He tried to trouble shoot with motorola,no luck. They are sending out replacement. After using the phone for 45 minutes my screen froze, half of it turned black, then the entire screen went black. Now my screen wont turn on. I tried trouble shooting with motorola and google play, no luck. Google is sending me a new phone. Bad luck for my Husband and I.

moto.jpg

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
"One post said that a husband and wife had ordered one each and both were bad. " (I think this was in reference to my posts but there is no wife it should say a husband and husband had ordered one each and both were bad)

Here is my husbands screen issue. He tried to trouble shoot with motorola,no luck. They are sending out replacement. After using the phone for 45 minutes my screen froze, half of it turned black, then the entire screen went black. Now my screen wont turn on. I tried trouble shooting with motorola and google play, no luck. Google is sending me a new phone. Bad luck for my Husband and I.

View attachment 149351

Wow that sucks that both of you got really bad lemons . turn you off from it or willing to give it another go?

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on the phone for over 6 hours with Motorola yesterday and talked to 9 different people. My screen blinks really badly. Sometimes, full screen or just parts of the screen. It is also really jittery and fuzzy like a computer monitor would look if the refresh rate is off. It is constant and makes me dizzy looking at it for any amount of time. Anyway, Motorola said they did not have any replacements but could possibly do a refurb. I want a new phone if I am going to pay premium prices. So they said all they could do is just refund my money and have me send it back. So I am doing that. I know that every other phone launch I have seen, the manufacturer always makes some set aside for the purpose of replacing phones that get sent with defects out of the box. Yet motorola has none. So I am basically screwed. I will get my money back, and see if I can get one at TMobile today. If not I am not sure what I will do...

Derrick Carson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks that both of you got really bad lemons . turn you off from it or willing to give it another go?

We are each going to give it another go. If the new ones we receive are bad then I think we might try the MOTO X or wait for the new Nexus 7.2 next year

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Sorry that you couldn't have just one good phone between you. I really appreciate your posting your experience here. Please come back and let us know how the two replacement phones work out.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I was on the phone for over 6 hours with Motorola yesterday and talked to 9 different people. My screen blinks really badly. Sometimes, full screen or just parts of the screen. It is also really jittery and fuzzy like a computer monitor would look if the refresh rate is off. It is constant and makes me dizzy looking at it for any amount of time. Anyway, Motorola said they did not have any replacements but could possibly do a refurb. I want a new phone if I am going to pay premium prices. So they said all they could do is just refund my money and have me send it back. So I am doing that. I know that every other phone launch I have seen, the manufacturer always makes some set aside for the purpose of replacing phones that get sent with defects out of the box. Yet motorola has none. So I am basically screwed. I will get my money back, and see if I can get one at TMobile today. If not I am not sure what I will do...

I hope that it's because they did fail to set aside phones as replacements. While that doesn't demonstrate very good planning, it would go along with the way they've conducted the launch up to this point. And, if that's not the case, then the only other explanation would be that they had a much higher failure rate than expected. I really hope that's not the case.

Esteban Alvarez

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
In getting the uneven temperature as well, its a very irritating purple tint at the bottom of my screen. I haven't been able to get the time to contact anyone about it other than by email, no response yet

ilifecomputer

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
My color temp issue was obvious enough that the carrier immediately swapped it out for a new device. The new one isn't perfect but it is a lot better than the one I posted here.

Esteban, a lot of the screens look weird because of that rainbow/shimmery glass that covers them (if your colors shift around as you move the phone then it might not really be a defect).

My new one came with 3 scuffs out of the sealed box but I am happy not to have a dual colored screen. :D

Esteban Alvarez

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the rainbow hue at different angles, but it is still visible at all times, according to a chat I just finished with Motorola my only option is to have the store replace it

theloveofcode

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had that exact same split-screen issue. It would happen randomly one any screen or app, but was especially bad during video playback. Even happened in Safe Mode. I'm setting up my warranty replacement now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noods