Nexus 6P - Thoughts on the dbrand skins?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on the dbrand skins?

I purchase a lot of fabrics and leather-like fabrics online. I'm very surprised that dbrand doesn't offer the ability to purchase a sample packet. $2 for a pack of 1"x 1" samples plus $2 shipping would go a long way in my decision making.

I can't imagine many people buying a simple consider the low cost of the skin. might as well just spend the extra $8 and get the whole thing.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually considering the skin route. Never done it before. I too am concerned about whether or not I'll be able to successfully apply it. But - my question is - are you concerned about leaving the entire camera glass (the "bump") free of protection? Most cases cover part of it so when you put the phone on its back, the glass is protected.

Thoughts?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually considering the skin route. Never done it before. I too am concerned about whether or not I'll be able to successfully apply it. But - my question is - are you concerned about leaving the entire camera glass (the "bump") free of protection? Most cases cover part of it so when you put the phone on its back, the glass is protected.

Thoughts?

The glass housing around the camera never touches anything when laid down as that area of the phone is raised.

So no, not worried at all.

As for installation, just take you time. It's easy to mess up if you rush, but just a bit of patience will ensure a smooth install.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

The Dbrand installation video is pretty good. A hair dryer is very helpful also. The only part that can be tricky is installing the "nexus" letters because they're so small. Overall, the process is very easy.

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Finally got my white matte finish with black camera finish. I'm pleased with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 114297.jpg
    114297.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 256

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Just thru my white matte one on. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• 114297.jpg
    114297.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 256

brucewayne

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

Here's my setup. Looks fantastic, pics don't do justice

Attachments

• 5066.jpg
    5066.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 133

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I love dbrand skins. Wish I could get em from amazon using prime. I like instant gratification and they're shipping takes a while.

cvu524

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

They are excellent. I've use them and only them on my HTC One M7 (white carbon), Nexus 4 (blk carbon), Moto Nexus 6 (blk carbon) and the original OnePlus One (matte blk) and am waiting for the blk carbon 6P camera skin. They stick super well and are cut precisely. Never had an issue with them peeling too. Excellent customer service with quick reply, should you have any comments and concerns regarding your order. They mailed me 2 replacements (!!) at no charge for a skin that I didn't order as well. Now *that* is going above and beyond!

VermaEklavya

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

They are excellent. I've use them and only them on my HTC One M7 (white carbon), Nexus 4 (blk carbon), Moto Nexus 6 (blk carbon) and the original OnePlus One (matte blk) and am waiting for the blk carbon 6P camera skin. They stick super well and are cut precisely. Never had an issue with them peeling too. Excellent customer service with quick reply, should you have any comments and concerns regarding your order. They mailed me 2 replacements (!!) at no charge for a skin that I didn't order as well. Now *that* is going above and beyond!

If they mailed you replacements for something you didn't order, it probably was meant for someone else and got delivered to the wrong address lol

cvu524

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

If they mailed you replacements for something you didn't order, it probably was meant for someone else and got delivered to the wrong address lol

No they really did mail me two replacements. I placed an order for 1 Moto Nexus 6 matte black skin. They mailed to me by error a wooden skin. I emailed them that was not the skin i ordered. They emailed me an apology and mailed to me 2 matte black skins. Way cool....but now I have the 6P so I'm now waiting for the black carbon camera skin.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Here is mine. Looks much nicer in person.

Attachments

• 1452470474628.jpg
    1452470474628.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 1452470485087.jpg
    1452470485087.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 114

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member