Nexus 7 2nd Gen 16gb - Encrypted with Broken LCD + Digitizer with Cyanogenmod - Backup Data?

MadDogTen

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

As the title says, I have a Nexus 7 2nd Gen 16gb Tablet with a Broken LCD+Digitizer. Its unlocked with Cyanogenmod as my ROM and I have a custom recovery (Was TWRP, Is now CWM, can be changed again). I also have Fastboot and adb setup.

My question is, Is it possible for me to make a backup of the data (Even of the encrypted data) so that If I buy a new tablet, I can put it onto it?

Extra Info:
It seems to be to expensive ($150+ for someone else to do it, or ~$90 to do it myself (But risk breaking it)) to replace the Screen (LCD+Digitizer, and a New Frame as my current one is chipped in a couple of places, and it would be a pain to separate them anyways), and more worth it just to buy a new tablet with 32gb of space instead. Also, I wouldn't want to buy a new Screen just to hook it up without installing it.

I don't have anything I NEED from it, But I'm sure it's understandable that it would be better to have it.

Thanks!

Edit-
Afterthoughts/Extra Questions- Is $58 the cheapest around for LCD + Digitizer Combo (Assuming I keep my current frame)? I'm still debating on repairing it, But would still like to back it up in case I mess something up.
Has anyone used the iOpener for this type of project, and does it work well? I'm looking at getting the whole kit for $20, Unless anyone has any better recommendations.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed