Nexus 7 stuck on google logo- "booting failed".

iLiiz

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I just got this tablet, which is currently stuck on the google logo with a booting failed in the upper right corner. It won't go into recovery.

When I tried to flash a factory image, I keep getting a connectivity issue. I can successfully use command. The nexus is unlocked, but not usb debugged as I was never able to successfully turn it on to the home screen. Every time I try to fastboot flash (using Nexus Root Toolkit), I keep getting an error "There appears to be a connectivity issue preventing a successful fastboot operation." I only have 2 different cables and 3 different ports, none of which work. When I got this tablet I got a charging cable and wall plug in with it and I'm assuming that it's not the official nexus 7 charging/sync cable. I saw one on amazon for like $30 and was wondering if I would have to get it? Would that solve the connection issue?

I am unable to unlock, root, lock, flash stock, push/pull files, or do almost anything with the toolkit. Because of the connectivity issue. If I use commands with the command prompt then I can unlock/lock my device but I can't flash anything to it.

iLiiz

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I meant the cables work fine as do the USB ports. The tablet is recognized by my computer and I used NRT to download a driver. On my computer it shows up as an android device, not as a nexus 7 tablet.

I've used the command to unlock and lock it also but I haven't tried to flash anything using the commands as I don't exactly know how to. But I'm guessing I would still get a connectivity issue or something.

Is there any reason I would be getting tha issue? Am I correct in thinking that it's because the charging cables I'm using aren't the ones that one with a brand new nexus tablet?
I ordered the official tablet oem cable which should be coming sometime next week in case that is the issue.

Just wondering if anyone has any thing that could help me.