nexus arrive in stores

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
People actually care about packaging? I look at packaging long enough to find out how to open the box and never look at it again.

Whew!

Agreed, all I care about with packaging is that it protects my phone while being shipped, and that it doesn't take up too much room in the trash once the phone is out.

Reactions: gnipeh

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
From Phandroid:
So haven't stopped by for a few days now. I see many of you New Yorkers tried out the device at Samsung Experience store. What did you guys think?

Also I've been getting a few e-mails about these leaked box photos you guys have been sharing and just wanted to stop and clarify that this is not the complete Verizon retail packaging that you guys will get when you purchase your devices. These are unbranded boxes that have been sent out to various reviewers and testers. Also, one of my contacts was able to trace those specific photos to the demo units provided to the Samsung Experience store in NYC.

So just to reiterate, these are pre-release boxes. I hope this will clear things up for you guys.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
From Phandroid:
So haven't stopped by for a few days now. I see many of you New Yorkers tried out the device at Samsung Experience store. What did you guys think?

Also I've been getting a few e-mails about these leaked box photos you guys have been sharing and just wanted to stop and clarify that this is not the complete Verizon retail packaging that you guys will get when you purchase your devices. These are unbranded boxes that have been sent out to various reviewers and testers. Also, one of my contacts was able to trace those specific photos to the demo units provided to the Samsung Experience store in NYC.

So just to reiterate, these are pre-release boxes. I hope this will clear things up for you guys.

If true, sounds like that just killed this thread. But who know what to believe.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, all I care about with packaging is that it protects my phone while being shipped, and that it doesn't take up too much room in the trash once the phone is out.

I always save my boxes just in case I sell the phone in the future. I think it really helps when selling on Ebay.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
ou've gotta be kidding me. Who's grand idea was it to bring this stupid, petty, squabbling into this thread. I fullly expected to see a some celebrating that we finally reached the home.stretch. Can you guys find something better to do than jump all over each others back whining about how a friggin cardboard box is colored. Can't there be one thread on the boards where nonsense doesn't permeate every inch of the place.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
ou've gotta be kidding me. Who's grand idea was it to bring this stupid, petty, squabbling into this thread. I fullly expected to see a some celebrating that we finally reached the home.stretch. Can you guys find something better to do than jump all over each others back whining about how a friggin cardboard box is colored. Can't there be one thread on the boards where nonsense doesn't permeate every inch of the place.

Clearly you havent been on AC for very long this has been going on in the majority of their threads for awhile.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I always save my boxes just in case I sell the phone in the future. I think it really helps when selling on Ebay.

I agree.When I scan eBay or Craigslist for phones I always look first for people with actual pics,especially pics showing all the phone's original packaging. ;)

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, people put an odd amount of importance on the packaging...I remember reading one post awhile back where someone said it was a major factor in buying a phone. I mean...it's a box. I want what's inside of it. If it looks cool, great, I guess that's a bonus. But it has absolutely no bearing on me buying the phone.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, people put an odd amount of importance on the packaging...I remember reading one post awhile back where someone said it was a major factor in buying a phone. I mean...it's a box. I want what's inside of it. If it looks cool, great, I guess that's a bonus. But it has absolutely no bearing on me buying the phone.

EXCELSIOR!

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

It's all about presentation. You'd be pissed if you bought a $600 phone and it came in a plastic ziploc bag with packing peanuts.

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's all about presentation. You'd be pissed if you bought a $600 phone and it came in a plastic ziploc bag with packing peanuts.

If that phone itself is made of diamond and gold, I really don't care.

I can make a case myself, put glitters on it, and flip it for $6000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilx11